The Nelson #390
from $980 to $1950 per night
• The ambiance of an intimate and stylish boutique resort
• Beautiful swimming pool & spa pool. Games room with pool table
• Lovely seaviews & views to Onetangi Beach in rural setting
• SKY TV - Free WiFi - Pool Table - Spa Pool - Heated Swimming Pool(see note)
About This Property
This Waiheke Island property has that special 'wow factor' and enjoys the ambiance of your own intimate boutique resort! The stylish 6 bedroom residence wraps around a private and spacious sun drenched Pool Terrace, complete with your own heated swimming pool, (heated from October to April) and hot spa pool. Outside the fenced pool area is a lovely garden area with outdoor furniture set in a paved arbor beside the Petanque Court - perfect for enjoying a game and a glass of champagne! Enjoy wonderful views over the gardens and Onetangi Bay from the pool terrace, the petanque court and almost every room in the home.
The paved Pool Terrace has perimeter fencing with glass balustrades to ensure the view is not interrupted. The Pool Terrace outdoor furniture includes a large dining table and chairs plus an outdoor lounge setting with a large sun umbrella. The spa pool is under cover and also enjoys views over the bay and Onetangi Beach. Wide glass sliding doors open from the Pool Terrace into the main living room, which opens on the opposite side to another lovely and peaceful deck.
The home is shaped in an 'L' around the Pool Terrace. Along one side are the bedrooms and bathrooms, along with the Games room and the 2nd living room. Across the other side you will find the main living room and the huge, open plan kitchen and dining room as well as another lovely deck opening from the dining area, all overlooking the swimming pool and Pool Terrace and the beautiful views.
The Nelson is in a great central Island location and is just a few minutes drive to either Palm Beach or Onetangi Beach and to Ostend Village where there is a supermarket and other services available. But it's our guess that once you arrive at The Nelson, you'll never want to leave!
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1 - King Bed, Reading Lights and bedside tables, wardrobe. Glass doors opening to pool courtyard and spa pool
• Bedroom 2 - Queen Bed, Reading Lights and bedside tables, hanging. Glass doors opening to private courtyard deck.
• Bathroom 1- Direct access to Bedroom 1 as well as separate access to bedroom 2 - Shower, Toilet, Vanity
• Bathroom 2 - Half bathroom. Located between bedrooms 1 and 2. Toilet, vanity and mirror.
• Bedroom 3 - Queen bed, wardrobe, electric blanket, bedside tables & lighting
• Bedroom 4 - Double bed with single above, extra single bed, electric blankets, wardrobe, bedside tables and lighting.
• Bathroom 3 - shower, vanity and toilet
• Bedroom 5 - Queen bed, wardrobe, electric blanket, bedside tables & lighting. Glass door opening to small private deck overlooking pool & petanque garden.
• Bedroom 6 - Queen bed, electric blanket, wardrobe, bedside tables and lighting
• Bathroom 4 - shower, vanity and toilet
• Portacot and Highchair provided
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Huge paved terrace & entertainment area
• Heated Swimming Pool 0.9 deep at the shallow end and 2.0 deep at the deep end.
• Swimming pool is heated by heat exchange pump from Labour weekend to April.
• Heated Spa Pool (heated all year)
• Large timber outdoor table and chairs on pool terrace outdoor furniture on 2 additional decks and petanque garden.
• Outdoor cushioned lounge furniture on pool terrace
• Gas BBQ
• Sun umbrella
• Sheltered courtyard deck opening from rear of living room with outdoor furniture
• Lovely deck opening from dining area with outdoor table and chairs
• Petanque Court in garden with outdoor furniture
• Tennis racquets
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Main Living Room - with 2 lounge settings
• Gas Flame fireplace
• Home Theatre system
• 42" flatscreen TV
• SKY TV - most channels.
• Free WiFi - High speed broadband internet
• MP3 Player
• CD and DVD player
• Spacious open plan Dining and kitchen with magnificent views through huge windows
• Huge dining table with seating for 10
• Sofa in dining area
• Second Living Room beside bedrooms 5 and 6 with 40" Flatscreen TV and DVD player
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:-
• Entertainers kitchen with seaview
• Dining table with seating for 10, sofa.
• Glass bifold doors opening to deck and outdoor table and chairs
• Large fridge freezer with icemaker
• 6 burner gas hob
• Extra wide 900mm wide electric oven
• Food processor and blender
• Coffee plunger
• Automatic Washing machine and dryer available on request
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Off street parking for 3 - 4 vehicles in level driveway
• Easy access to house via approx 8 steps up from parking on to Pool Terrace. 2 or 3 steps from pool terrace into house.
The internal access from the main house to the living areas is via the master bedroom. External access is mainly undercover though if there is heavy rain there may be some splashback! Please note the pool is NOT heated during winter months of May to September. The pool and the spa pool are not fenced from the house. The spa pool has a locking lid. The owner resides at the property.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 30 Nov (excl pub hol w'ends)||$980|
|Queens Birthday and Labour weekend||$1200|
|01 Dec - 18 Dec||$1200|
|19 Dec - 15 Jan||$1950|
|16 Jan - 30 Apr (Weekends & Pub Hol W'nds,)||$1450|
|16 Jan - 30 Apr (Midweek)||$1200|
|Easter - 4 night minimum||$1450|
|One night surcharge||$250|
Plus $35 per person (min $250) covering linen and standard exit cleaning
3rd Night Free Deals 01 May - 30 Nov (see conditions below)
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 30 Nov (except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free).
MIDWEEK RATES OR discounts available off nightly rate:
3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-16 Feb or public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels will be provided.
Pool towels will be provided
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
2 nts except for:-
1 nt if within 4 weeks of arrival - $250 (Except 01 Dec-30 Apr 1 night bkgs for Fri or Sat within 2 weeks of arrival)
3 nts pub hol w'end
4 nts Easter and and 11 - 31 Jan
7 nights 20 Dec - 10 Jan
Sorry, pets not permitted
No smoking inside property, please.
Please read IMPORTANT NOTES above
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Amelia (Stayed in January)
“We had a fabulous time at the Nelson. There was heaps of room for our family group and our toddler absolutely adored the warm pool and spa. Claire was helpful and friendly and was not bothered by our birthday celebrations. Would happily come to the Nelson again.”
Review by Anne (Stayed in January)
“this house is great for a family group, or even a couple of families, having several living areas as well as great outdoor settings,
the warm pool and spa were greatly enjoyed, as was the table tennis table,
there were a couple of areas which needed attention, which I mentioned to Claire, the owner,
she was helpful to us and happy to have the feedback we provided ”
Review by Tania (Stayed in December)
“great place to stay in general however do note that the owner resides at the property and does pop up to the property - during our stay she came up into the part we were staying in to turn the lights off outdoors which we left on, cover the spa pool, clean the swimming pool, water plants etc, so not complete privacy if that's what you're after”
“Fair comments, a 8 day stay requires occasional watering of plants or they would end up all dead and some pool maintenance. Was away for 5 of these days over xmas did maintenance and watering before and on my return. Cheers”