The Boathouse on Onetangi #451
from $195 to $350 per night
• Beautifully appointed, sundrenched home just 450 metres level walk to the sands of Onetangi Beach
• The perfect escape for a couple or small family. Close to a number of popular forest walks - Free Wifi
About This Property
This well appointed and very stylish Waiheke Holiday Home is set amongst beautiful greenery, just 450 metres level stroll to the gorgeious golden sands of Onetangi Beach. This stunning and well appointed Onetangi Beach House is an absolute sun trap with plenty of outdoor space, room to play, a variety of food growing in the garden and birdsong surrounding you throughout the day. Hidden and set back from the road this home enjoys all the tranquility Waiheke has to offer while still being close to the beach, cafes, takeaways and all the other wonderful amenities and activities on offer on Waiheke Island. Large, wide bi-fold doors open the open plan living, dining and kitchen to the outdoor patio and courtyard areas making alfresco living easy. This virtually new home is beautifully furnished throughout and is very well appointed. The master bedroom has a brand new King bed (Dec 2017) and the home has a high end contemporary feel. The second bedroom on the mezzanine level is large, spacious and airy with 2 'areas', separated by the stairway, with a single bed in each. Sunlight make this space bright and airy, the perfect place for children or extended family to enjoy their own space. This Waiheke holiday home is a few minutes walk from 2 bus stops, a Z petrol station, takeaways and 2 very popular beachfront Cafe-Restaurants. A quick 7 minute drive will bring you to Ostend Village and here you will find the supermarket and other services. A little further on you will come to the main village of Oneroa where there is a large array of eclectic shops and cafes as well as banks, post office and the local Waiheke Cinema. Small families or couples will find this lovely home the perfect place to enjoy escaping to for their island retreat!
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1: King bed (New Dec17), reading lights, bedside table, wardrobe
• Other sleeping: (Mezzanine level) 2 king single beds (can be made as super king for $20 additional) - available from October, single bed (day bed suitable for a child), drawers, desk and chair, toys and games - New beds arriving on mezzanine level for summer 2019!
• Bathroom 1: Large shower, vanity, toilet
• Additional sleeping: 1 trundler bed in mezzanine level
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Outdoor Northwest patio area
• Outdoor courtyard (shell)
• Young orchard
• Outdoor table and seating for 5
• 2 Sun loungers
• New Weber BBQ - gas (hooded)
• Body boards (x4)
• Yoga mat and resistance bands
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Unlimited high speed internet
• Electric heating - two panel heaters plus super efficient convection heater (well insulated and warm!)
• Books and magazines
• Good cell phone reception on all networks
• Heating:The Boathouse is new (built 2017) and well insulated. There are 2 panel heaters (one in the master bedroom and one in the living area) and a portable Noirot heater, which is described as truly revolutionary, combining European style and state of the art technology. It is silent due to the patented Monobloc element and very effective, and it has a thermostat.
• Cooling: There are electrical windows very high up that are safe to be left open in the summer. Also there are mosquito nets and we have two Ecomist sprays (upstairs and downstairs) that should keep the mosquitoes away.
• Full size fridge/freezer
• Electric and Gas combined oven and stovetop
• Sandwich press
• Nespresso coffee machine and milk foamer
• Yoghurt maker
• Excellent quality cookware, dinner and glassware
• Automatic washing machine (in garage)
• Clothes airer
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Access to the property is through a large white gate
• Off street parking for 2 vehicles or 1 and 1 boat
• Relatively easy access to the lower level up 1 step from the patio/courtyard
• The property does have a garage however this is currently not available to guests except to access the washing machine.
This property is 2 levels with the top floor being a mezzanine level which opens down to the kitchen/dining below. Children under 5 are not permitted here due to safety reasons. Internal stair access to the mezzanine level does have a sturdy hand rail however may not be suitable for elderly or less abled guests Please note there is no TV at the property The mezzanine level has a sloping roof, please watch your head
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 30 Nov (3rd night free deals)||$195|
|01 Dec - 22 Dec||$225|
|23 Dec - 12 Jan||$375|
|13 Jan - 09 Feb||$325|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (Weekends) - excl Easter||$250|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (Midweek)||$195|
Plus linen and exit cleaning - $120 per booking
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 30 Nov (except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free).
MIDWEEK RATES OR discounts available off nightly rate:
3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-16 Feb or public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels will be provided.
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
2 Night minimum except for:-
3 Nights Public Holiday Weekends
4 Nights Easter,20 - 26 Dec & 11 - 31 Jan
7 Nights 27 Dec - 10 Jan
No smoking inside or near the property please
Sorry, pets are not permitted
Under 5s are not permitted for safety reasons. Please see important notes above
Maximum length of stay 30 nights
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by: Gavin and Nimi (Stayed in August)
“We had a lovely few days on Waiheke exploring the area. The Boathouse was beautiful and so comfortable and bright and fresh. The kitchen was gorgeous. We would definitely come back again.
Review by: Chris (Stayed in December)
“We really enjoyed our stay at the Boathouse. It is a lovely place and a great location so close to Onetangi Beach which is fabulous. The house is really well set up for guests to want for nothing we were very impressed.”