Silkes Treehouse #501
Eastern End - Orapiu
from $150 to $265 per night
• Gorgeous 2 bedroom home set above native bush in the peace and tranquility of Orapiu
• Sunny and spacious set over 2 levels - sit on the deck and see only trees and a little sea
• Close to the beach and world renowned wineries such as Man 'o War Bay Winery & Passage Rock
• Private and secluded, the ultimate getaway location
About This Property
This gorgeous Waiheke Holiday Home enjoys the best of the beach and the bush. You will find it in a delicious private and secluded setting at the peaceful eastern end of Waiheke Island - well away from the "Madding Crowd" but close enough to be in amongst the hustle of Onetangi within 20 minutes if you feel the urge. Wander down the road only 750 metres or 10 mins peaceful walk to the beach at Otakawhe Bay and many days you may find you have it totally to yourself. In the opposite direction and pleasant 1km walk or 15 mins will bring you to Orapiu Wharf where there are often fishermen trying their luck. If you woudl like to visit the neighbouring Rotoroa Island the Fullers 360 ferry calls at this wharf each day. Rotoroa is well worth a visit, or take a day trip to to Coromandel! The world renowned Waiheke Island Wineries of Man 'o War Bay Winery, Poderi Crisci and Passage Rock Winery are also very close by and easy to access by car or bicycle. There are many hiking trails, including Pearl Bay and Te Matuku Bay, where Waiheke's world famous oysters are grown.
The home is small yet spacious and is set on 2 levels. On the upper level you will find the open plan living, kitchen and dining area, opening via wide glass doors onto the spacious sun-trap deck. Perfect for relaxing with your book or enjoying a glass of chilled Waiheke Wine and just gazing at the view. On the lower entry level you will find 2 bedrooms along with the bathroom and laundry. The main bedroom also has glass doors opening to another wonderful private deck. Private and secluded, this really is the ultimate Waiheke Island Getaway location!
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Lower level
• Bedroom 1: Queen bed, bedside tables, reading lights and wardrobe space. Opens to deck.
• Bedroom 2: Fold out double sofa-bed (modern), bedside tables, reading lights and wardrobe.
• Bathroom 1: Shower, vanity, hairdryer, mini hair straightener
• Power Room: Separate toilet with washbasin.
• Additional sleeping
• Modern Fold out double sofabed in the upstairs living area.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Large west facing deck on upper level opening from living
• 2nd West facing deck downstairs opening out from the master bedroom on lower level.
• Outdoor table and chairs for 4
• Sun umbrella and sun shade
• Gas BBQ with fuel available (new 2020)
• Golf Clubs and trundler
• Yoga mats x 2
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Upper level
• Portable DVD player
• Bluetooth speakers
• Sunny, open plan living
• Please note 021 network doesn't get good reception here.
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:-
• Upper level
• Full size fridge/freezer
• Electric Oven with gas hob top
• Please note there is not a microwave oven
• Filter coffee machine
• Nespresso machine
• Standard of dinnerware, cookware and glassware is excellent
• Coal range is not available for use & is for decoration only
• Automatic washing machine
• Clothes drying line
• Iron and ironing board
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Short but steepish gravel driveway down to parking area from the road
• Access to the house from parking approx 10 metres and 5 stairs
• Off street parking for 1 vehicle
• Carport available for guests use
• Unless you have 4wd vehicle, access could be difficult for less abled.
A 4WD vehicle is required to drive the short way down the gravel driveway to park beside the house.
Parking for non-4wd is available at the driveway entrance or on the roadside.
Less abled people could find access difficult unless a 4WD vehicle to drive down the driveway.
Please note that the coal range is not able to be used and is for decoration only.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 30 Nov (3rd night free deals - see details)||$155|
|01 Dec - 17 Dec, Labour Weekend||$195|
|18 Dec - 10 Jan||$265|
|11 Jan - 10 Feb||$225|
|11 Feb - 30 Apr (Weekends & Summer Public Holidays)||$195|
|11 Feb - 30 Apr (Midweek special rate)||$155|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
PLUS Exit cleaning $150.
Linen can be supplied for $20 per person if required.
Winter Spring Free NIghts Deals - see details below
Discounts & Special Deals
Winter & Spring 3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 30 Nov (4th night free on Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends).
No further discounts off Midweek Special Rates.
At other times (excluding 16 Dec - 16 Feb), discounts off full nightly rate: 3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%.
Longer stays - please enquire.
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person.
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here).
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 nights except for-
3 Nights Public holiday weekends
5 Nights 24 Dec - 10 Jan
Sorry, pets not permitted
No smoking inside property, please.
Coal range is not availble for use and is for decoration only.