Sea Shell by the Beach #193
Oneroa Area - Surfdale
from $225 to $395 per night
• Almost Beachfront! Cute renovated cottage in fabulous almost beachside location.
• Direct access to secluded tidal beach with year round dog access
• 3 minutes drive to Oneroa Village & Oneroa Beach, Waiheke Island.
• Lovely gardens and beautiful seaviews - children very welcome
About This Property
This freshly renovated Waiheke Island 1950's cottage is set in a wonderful, almost beachfront location with direct access to the lovely secluded tidal beach at the eastern end of Surfdale Beach. Swimming is just delicious for at least 2 or 3 hours over the high tide. And when the tide is out, simply walk out over the sands to deeper water, or walk or drive over the hill to Little Oneroa Beach with it's all tide swimming and beautiful white sand beach & playground. Oneroa Village centre is a short 3 minute drive or a pleasant 25 - 30 minute walk via the road or a really gorgeous 30 - 40 minute walk via Surfdale Beach and the Esplanade to Blackpool Beach and on to Oneroa Village. This is a brilliant central location! Bringing your Four Legged Family Person along as well? This home is perfect for pet owners as the area of the beach to which the home has direct access is dog friendly all year round, even over the height of summer!
The cottage is a freshly renovated and redecorated 1950's traditional bach with a huge covered and fenced deck at the rear, overlooking the beach and the bay and which provides excellent alfresco living and dining. The lawns and gardens are a great foreground to the seaview. The open plan living and dining opens via french doors onto the covered deck. Excellent accommodation in a wonderful location.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOM:-
• Bedroom 1 - Queen bed, bedside tables and lighting, shelving and hanger (built in), wall mounted TV
• Bedroom 2 - Queen bed, bedside tables and lighting, shelving and hanger (built in)
• Bedroom 3 - Double bed with single bunk above, dressing table
• Bathroom - off kitchen. 1 step down. Newly renovated, shower, vanity and separate toilet which is accessed through the bathroom.
• Separate Toilet - accessed through bathroom.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:--
• Huge covered deck, fenced for child and pet safety, opening from living and bathroom/kitchen with seaviews and overlooking the garden (garden not fenced)
• Large level lawns with garden
• Timber outdoor furniture
• Gas BBQ
• Direct access to secluded tidal swimming beach - delicious at mid - high tides. Wonderful sand flats for running and paddling at low tide. Walk out to swim at low tide or pop over to Little Oneroa Beach instead. This beach is dog friendly at all times.
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan living and dining opening via french door to deck.
• Comfortable furnishings 2 x 2 seater couches and dining seating for 4
• 40" TV with Freeview
• Video player
• DVD player
• Free WiFi, broadband internet
• Portable radio
• Enclosed Fire - fireplace
• Cooling fan x 3
• Heatpump air conditioning
• Cellphone reception good for all networks
• Full kitchen
• Microwave oven
• Nespresso pod machine
• coffee percolator
• Standard of cookware, dinnerware and glassware is excellent
• Automatic washing machine
• External clothes line and clothes dryer
• Iron and ironing board
• ACCESS & PARKING:-
• Off street parking for 2 vehicles on concrete driveway. Easy access from road.
• Easy access into house from parking - gentle slope from concrete parking down onto deck and 1 or 2 steps up onto deck.
Small children or pets? The deck is fenced for child safety but the garden and grounds are not fenced.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 20 Dec||$225|
|21 Dec - 06 Jan||$395|
|07 Jan - 08 Feb||$320|
|09 Feb - 30 Apr - Weekends & public holidays, Easter||$320|
|09 Feb - 30 Apr (Sun to Thurs)||$250|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
PLUS Exit Cleaning $120 per booking and Linen $20 per person per stay Linen
Maximum 6 adults + 1 child under 15 years
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 10 Mar – 31 Oct (except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free).
Midweek Rates OR discounts available off nightly rate 3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-10 Feb & public holiday weekends.
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at the cost shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here)
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 Night minumum except for:-
3 Nights Waitangi Weekends, Labour weekend
7 Nights 20 Dec - 10 Jan
3 Nights 11 Jan - 31 Jan, Easter
No smoking inside property please
Maximum 6 adults + 1 child under 15 years
Small pets possible on application. Security Deposit will be required. Dog friendly all year beach almost at the bottom of the garden!
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Brett (Stayed in December)
“This cottage is superb! Super comfortable beds. The property is well equipped and functions perfectly. I would revisit in a heartbeat!!”
Review by Vina (Stayed in January)
“Very comfortable, peaceful spot. Easy access to the beach..great outlook. Home was spotless and well maintained. Would recommend a stay here.”
Review by Henrietta (Stayed in January)
“We loved the location and wide drive way. Welcome coffee, milk in the fridge was nice. Love having the DVD player as well. Entertained my teenage daughters as there was no Wi Fi in the house.”
“Since these guests stayed in early 2017 WiFi has been installed so all guests now have WiFi. We hope you would like to visit us again! Kind regards Sheryl.”