Sea Shell by the Beach #193
Oneroa Area - Surfdale
from $225 to $395 per night
• Almost Beachfront! Cute renovated cottage in fabulous almost beachside location.
• Direct access to secluded tidal beach with year round dog access
• 3 minutes drive to Oneroa Village & Oneroa Beach, Waiheke Island.
• Lovely gardens and beautiful seaviews - children very welcome
About This Property
This freshly renovated and beautifully maintained 1950's Waiheke Island holiday cottage is set in a wonderful, almost beachfront location with direct access to the lovely secluded tidal beach at the eastern end of Surfdale Beach. Swimming is just delicious for at least 2 or 3 hours over the high tide. And when the tide is out, simply walk out over the sands to deeper water, or walk or drive over the hill to Little Oneroa Beach with it's all tide swimming and beautiful white sand beach & playground. Oneroa Village centre is a short 3 minute drive or a pleasant 25 - 30 minute walk via the road or a really gorgeous 30 - 40 minute walk via Surfdale Beach and the Esplanade to Blackpool Beach and on to Oneroa Village. This is a brilliant central location! Bringing your Four Legged Family Person along as well? This home is perfect for pet owners as the area of the beach to which the home has direct access is dog friendly all year round, even over the height of summer!
The cottage is a freshly renovated and redecorated 1950's traditional bach with a huge covered and fenced deck at the rear, overlooking the beach and the bay and which provides excellent alfresco living and dining. The lawns and gardens are a great foreground to the seaview. The open plan living and dining opens via french doors onto the covered deck. Excellent accommodation in a wonderful location.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOM:-
• Bedroom 1 - Queen bed, bedside tables and lighting, shelving and hanger (built in), wall mounted TV
• Bedroom 2 - Queen bed, bedside tables and lighting, shelving and hanger (built in)
• Bedroom 3 - Double bed with single bunk above, dressing table
• Bathroom - off kitchen. 1 step down. Newly renovated, shower, vanity and separate toilet which is accessed through the bathroom.
• Separate Toilet - accessed through bathroom.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:--
• Huge covered deck opening from living and bathroom/kitchen with seaviews and overlooking the garden. Please note the home is not fenced
• Large level lawns with garden
• Timber outdoor furniture
• Gas BBQ
• Direct access to secluded tidal swimming beach - delicious at mid - high tides. Wonderful sand flats for running and paddling at low tide. Walk out to swim at low tide or pop over to Little Oneroa Beach instead. This beach is dog friendly at all times.
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan living and dining opening via french door to deck.
• Comfortable furnishings 2 x 2 seater couches and dining seating for 4
• 40" TV with Freeview
• Video player
• DVD player
• Free WiFi, broadband internet
• Portable radio
• Enclosed Fire - fireplace
• Cooling fan x 3
• Heatpump air conditioning
• Cellphone reception good for all networks
• Full kitchen
• Microwave oven
• Nespresso pod machine
• coffee percolator
• Standard of cookware, dinnerware and glassware is excellent
• Automatic washing machine
• External clothes line and clothes dryer
• Iron and ironing board
• ACCESS & PARKING:-
• Off street parking for 2 vehicles on concrete driveway. Easy access from road.
• Easy access into house from parking - gentle slope from concrete parking down onto deck and 1 or 2 steps up onto deck.
Small children or pets? Please note the property is not fenced.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 20 Dec||$225|
|21 Dec - 06 Jan||$395|
|07 Jan - 08 Feb||$320|
|09 Feb - 30 Apr - Weekends & public holidays, Easter||$320|
|09 Feb - 30 Apr (Sun to Thurs)||$250|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Plus exit Cleaning $120 and linen, $20 per person.
Maximum 6 adults + 1 child under 15 years.
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 10 Mar – 31 Oct (except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free).
Midweek Rates OR discounts available off nightly rate 3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-10 Feb & public holiday weekends.
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at the cost shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here)
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 Night minumum except for:-
3 Nights Waitangi Weekends, Labour weekend
7 Nights 20 Dec - 10 Jan
3 Nights 11 Jan - 31 Jan, Easter
No smoking inside property please
Maximum 6 adults + 1 child under 15 years
Small pets possible on application. Security Deposit will be required. Dog friendly all year beach almost at the bottom of the garden!
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Jill (Stayed in February)
“Excellent location, it was lovely to be able to walk down to a beach for a swim. There was also a dairy and cafes within walking distance. The cottage was very clean and tidy with plenty of linen and towels although no wardrobes or clothes drawers in master bedroom, it was also smaller than the photos indicate. We also found the entrance very difficult to get out of with our car as there was a ditch near the top of the steep drive.”
“Hi Jill, thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback :) We certainly agree, the location is fabulous! We're so glad you had a wonderful time at Sea Shell Cottage.
Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the photos - the photos are the photos! :) Though we do use these, as well as the detailed description within the listing to accurately portray the home, which includes specifics around wardrobes and drawers, or lack thereof.
We are very sorry you found the entrance to the property difficult. The 'ditch' at the top of the driveway is part of the street's drainage and is a council responsibility. The driveway is fully concreted and is slightly sloping down from the road, it's also double width to make for easier manoeuvring! :)”
Review by Tony (Stayed in January)
“Brilliant - loved it. Cute little place - very tidy and all facilities that we required. we would indeed stay again. I guess just unfortunate that the water / inlet at the bottom of the property doesn't have a good drainage / flush out with the tide, as it does become very smelly. Probably a council issue more than anythign . but otherwise was superb.
“Hi Tony, thats so much for your feedback! We love this little Bach too!
Yes we are very sorry to hear about the inlet at the back. This is a very recent development that the entire street is working on getting remedied as soon as possible. Last we spoke to the owner that was happening this week, so it should all be sorted for next time you want to visit :)”
Review by Bernadine (Stayed in December)
“Great cottage for young families - enjoyed a wonderful Christmas. Excellent facilities, well maintained with everything you need. We had two children (5&7)who enjoyed the close access to the beach, grassed back yard and great walk ways. Really handy to restaurants, cafe ( great coffee) and store. You couldn’t ask for anywhere better- we will be back! ”