Palm Cottage Onetangi #487
from $240 to $395 per night
• Bright & Beachy family home in a great location oh so close to Onetangi Beach!
• Just a 1 minute walk along to Jacob's Ladder public beach access stairs
• Gentle 10 minute wander along the road to the beach or 7 minutes to the childrens' playground
• Well presented, comfortable & family friendly home away from home
About This Property
So bright and beachy blue and white, this lovely family Waiheke Island holiday home is set in a lovely private and sheltered garden just 10 minutes wander from the Jacobs Ladder public beach access stairway, leading down to Onetangi Beach. You will love the sundrenched private rear garden and deck, perfect for lazing and soaking up the sunshine. When it's time for a swim, just throw your towel over your shoulder and head down the public access stairway to the glorious white sands of beautiful Onetangi Beach. Coffee, Cafes & Restaurants are also to be found on the beachfront for your enjoyment and a small grocery and liquor store are closeby - you won't need to leave the bay or start the car if you don't wish to! If the world renowned Waiheke Island Vineyards & Wineries call to you, there are many award winning wineries such as Tantalus, Stonyridge & others just a few minutes drive, a quick bus ride, or a pleasant 30 minute walk along the main road. The main Waiheke Island supermarket and other shops can be found at Ostend, a short 5 or 7 minutes drive away and Oneroa Village with it's ecclectic selection of interesting and unusual shops and it's plentiful offerings of Cafes, Bars, Bistros and Restaurants is only 10 - 12 minutes drive.
Palm Cottage Onetangi is named for the beautiful, mature NZ native nikau palms in the garden. It is set on a single level and enjoys very easy access from the parking area. The spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen, complete with airconditioning heatpump, has a large glass sliding door opening to the north & west facing deck and enjoys a lovely green outlook and view as well as complete privacy from surrounding homes and the road. Along the hallway you will find 3 bedrooms with the main bedroom including heatpump airconditioning, as well as the bathroom and the separate toilet. There is also a laundry with automatic washing maching and dryer. The entire house is bright and white and the bright furnishings ensure you feel that wonderful 'beach holiday' atmosphere from the moment you walk in the door. This lovely home is very popular with families and extended families, as well as couples travelling together.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1 - Queen bed, bedside tables, reading lights, wardrobe, drawers, electric blanket.
• Bedroom 2 - Double bed, bedside tables, reading lights, wardrobe, drawers, electric blanket
• Bedroom 3 - Set of quality timber single bunk beds, bedside table, reading light, wardrobe, drawers, hot water bottles
• Bathroom 1 - Shower, vanity.
• Separate Toilet
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Sundrenched east and north facing deck and lawns at the rear of the house. Deck steps directly onto the lawn.
• Deck west facing at the front of the house opening from the living area. *Small children? Please note railings in photos.
• Timber outdoor table and seating on rear deck. Additional BBQ table in the shade of the trees.
• Cafe style table and 2 chairs on front deck
• Large Gas BBQ
• Sun umbrella
• Lovely level rear lawn for sun bathing or games
• Pretty tropical grounds and gardens surrounding the house
• Fully fenced (please note this does not mean it is guaranteed to be fully child secured)
• Walk to the beach - just a very short way along the road and down the public stairs
• Walk to the childrens' playground in around 7 minutes
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen opening via glass doors to the front deck
• Quality furnishings throughout
• Large flat screen TV
• DVD player
• MP3 / Ipod player
• Electric heating
• Air conditioning / heatpumps (1 heat pump in living area and a 2nd in the main bedroom)
• Indoor games such as playing cards, monopoly, scrabble, pictionary, jigsaws etc
• Some DVD's
• Cellphone reception is good
• Ultra high speed fibre wireless broadband internet - unlimited WIFI
• Childrens' toys in chest in the bunk room
• Full kitchen
• Full sized fridge & freezer
• Full sized electric oven and hob
• Microwave oven
• Coffee plunger
• Food processor
• Standard of cookware, glassware and dinnerware is good
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• Clothes line
• Iron & Ironing board
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Owners car in carport but onsite parking for 3 cars and a additional parking on the berm outside the gate.
• Access from carport along path and 2 or 3 steps up to the rear deck
Small children, toddlers & babies on the go? Please note the type of deck railings in the photos of the front deck. Please also note there is a small area on the rear deck which has a drop of approx 60cm beside the stairs. The home is fully fenced however please note that this is not guaranteed and children should be supervised by an adult at all times.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 16 Oct||$240|
|17 Oct - 20 Dec||$260|
|21 Dec - 04 Jan||$395|
|05 Jan - 09 Feb, & Easter weekend||$325|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (excluding Easter)||$335|
PLUS $150 per booking towards the costs of providing exit cleaning and linen.
Discounts & Special Deals
3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-16 Feb or public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: The Guest will provide all own linen (i.e. top and bottom sheets, pillow slips, all towels and bath linen, teatowels). Pillows and Duvets or blankets will be provided at the property. We're sorry, linen provision is not available at this property.
Exit Cleaning: Guests are required to leave the property cleaned as found.
2 night minimum except for -
4 nights Easter
4 nights 05 Jan - 31 Jan
7 nights 24 Dec - 04 Jan
No smoking inside this home please
Sorry, pets are not permitted