Onetangi Escape #430
from $175 to $350 per night
• Stunning valley views out over Onetangi, Waiheke Island native NZ bush
• Just 3 mins drive or 15 mins walk to beautiful Onetangi beach and restaurants
• Tranquil and private location with a large sunny deck
• Well presented open plan home with free WIFI
About This Property
Just a short few minutes drive from ever popular Onetangi Beach this lovely light, bright and modern Waiheke Island holiday home enjoys wonderful privacy and breathtaking views over valley and hills covered in beautiful native New Zealand forest. Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Onetangi centre, this lovely home is private and secluded complete with sun drenched decks for you to relax and take in the vistas. Take a moment to enjoy the quiet and listen for the call of the native NZ kereru and Tui.
The lovely open plan living, dining and kitchen along with 2 bedrooms and bathroom are all located on the 1 level and the wrap around decks make indoor - outdoor flow simple and inviting. With a fully equipped, open plan kitchen this Onetangi holiday home has everything you need for a peaceful getaway. As well as being only a few minutes drive to Onetangi beach, this Waiheke holiday home is just a few minutes drive away from a number of award winning restaurants and vineyards. Oneroa Village is an easy 10-15 minute drive away and here you'll find many more restaurants and cafe's, as well as a range of eclectic shops and the best gelato on the Island! If you enjoy lazing in the sunshine enjoying views forever, this may just be the holiday home for you!
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1- Queen bed, wardrobe, reading lamp and table. Has views out over the valley
• Bedroom 2- Queen bed, wardrobe, reading lamps and table. Has french doors opening to the rear deck
• Bathroom - Shower, vanity and toilet
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Large north - west - south west facing deck with magnificent valley views
• Excellent quality outdoor sofa furniture
• Small table and 2 outdoor chairs
• Glass balustrades for uninterruped viewing pleasure
• 15 mins walk to Onetangi Beach
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Flat screen TV - please note there is not a TV aerial. The TV is connected to the internet for access to services such as Netflix.
• High speed Unlimited broadband internet - WIFI
• DVD player
• Electric heating x2
• Cooling fan
• Board games
• Good cellphone coverage for Spark
• Lounge and dining areas open via glass doors to the wrap around decks.
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:-
• Full kitchen with huge bench and wonderful views
• Full sized fridge/freezer
• Electric oven
• Electric stovetop
• Microwave oven
• Coffee plunger
• Electric wok
• Standard of cookware, dinnerware and glassware is good
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• Clothes line
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• On street parking only - 2 parks are located about 10 metres away from the path to the house. If these parks are not available there is plenty of on street parking about 70 metres & 1 minutes walk along the road.
• Access is via steps down from the road. May be difficult for elderly or less abled.
Access to the house is via 30 steps down from the road to the front door which is on the upper level of the house. A further set of stairs inside the home takes you down to the living and bedrooms.
Access may not be suitable for elderly or less abled guests.
The deck has glass balustrade however children should be supervised.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 31 Oct (except Labour weekend)||$175|
|01 Nov - 15 Dec, Labour Weekend||$195|
|16 Dec - 25 Dec||$225|
|26 Dec - 10 Jan||$350|
|11 Jan - 09 Feb||$275|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (Sun - Thrs)||$195|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (Fri & Sat, Public Holidays)||$225|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Plus Exit Cleaning $120 per booking
Plus Linen $25 per person per stay
Discounts & Special Deals
MIDWEEK RATES OR discounts available off nightly rate:
3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-16 Feb or public holiday weekends
FREE LATE CHECK OUT! 1 May - 15 Dec (subject to availability).
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at the cost shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here)
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 Nights except for:-
3 Nights Labour, Auckland Anniversary and Waitangi Weekends
4 Nights Easter
4 Nights 26 Dec - 16 Jan
No Smoking inside the property please
Sorry pets are not permitted
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Privilege (Stayed in July)
“We enjoyed our stay at Onetangi Escape. The house had everything we needed and it was clean.
We just didn't like the part of being woken up on our first morning by the neighbors' loud music. We would have preferred to be woken up by the birds singing. ”
Review by Brent (Stayed in January)
“We booked this property for 2 nights during Auckland Anniversary Weekend.
Everything was as we expected apart from 2 roadside carparks "10 meters away from the entrance to the property."
We could only park one car in this smallish car space and the in the morning received a note from the neighbours telling us that it was their space (as it was directly outside their address) and they probably paid for it to be built?
After moving our car (to go to breakfast the next day) the space was taken when we came back and remained so right up until we left. There were spaces 50 meters up the road which we used reluctantly but we were apprehensive parking our expensive car in this somewhat remote and secluded spot.
Apart from this situation the house was great, secluded with a nice woodland view with everything we needed apart from maybe a hair dryer which we forgot to bring.
We would recommend Onetangi Escape as a nice place to stay apart from the parking situation. ”
“Hi Brent, thanks so much for your feedback and we're so pleased you enjoyed Onetangi Escape. I'm so sorry there was a problem with the parking. The owner of Onetangi Escape was informed by the council that the parking is 'public' as it is on public land and I'm sorry the neighbours left a note on your car. We do mention the additional parking further up the road on the website and in your access email but I will look into it to see if we can make that information more obvious. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope we can help you again next time you visit Waiheke. :-)”
Review by Rob and Robyn (Stayed in March)
“We loved our stay on Waiheke and plan to return in the future. Yes your website was an accurate representation of the property.”