from $630 to $950 per night
• Just 7 or 8 mins walk to beautiful Palm Beach Waiheke Island
• Centrally located to enjoy all that Waiheke has to offer
• Expansive outdoor living areas and gorgeous character home
• Separate apartment - great for extended families
About This Property
This delightful timber Waiheke Holiday House exudes charm! Located in beautful Palm Beach the home enjoys wonderful expansive views over Palm Beach valley and beautiful seaviews beyond. The main house is surrounded by spacious sundrenched decks with plenty of room for everyone. Relax in the sunshine on the outdoor sofa setting on the lovely north facing deck or enjoy dinner at the outdoor dining setting on the spacious rear deck. The home has glass doors opening the open plan living, dining and kitchen to the deck which gives a wonderful indoor to outdoor flow and ambiance. The main house has 3 large bedrooms, 2 living areas and 3 bathrooms while a further 2 bedrooms are available in the self contained garden apartment.
When it's time to swim and play on the beach, the wonderful white sands of beautiful Palm Beach are a short 7 or 8 minute walk away. 20 mins walk or a quick 2 minute drive will bring you to Ostend where you will find the Saturday Markets, the supermarket and many other services and lovely Oneroa Village is just 5 minutes drive. This lovely character filled home is a delightful and charming space to enjoy your next Waiheke Holiday.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Main house -
• Bedroom 1: Bedroom 1: King bed, bedside tables, reading lights, wardrobe and drawers - Seaview. Stacking Doors open to deck on north side. Also louvres with fly mesh in west window allowing controlled airflow.
• Bathroom 1: New ensuite with vanity, toilet and shower
• Bedroom 2: Super king bed (can be split into 2 singles, additional charge $20), bedside tables, reading lights, wardrobe and drawers. Ranch sliders opening to deck on west side. Access to semi-ensuite (bathroom 2).
• Bedroom 3: Queen bed, bedside tables, reading lights, drawers. This room has a second lounge area. Access to semi-ensuite (bathroom 3).
• Bathroom 3: Bathtub with hand shower, sink and toilet
• Separate self contained studio apartment-
• Bedroom 4: Main studio living area with Queen bed
• Bedroom 5 - Queen bed. Separate bedroom located beside main studio. Access to studio bathroom via external door.
• Bathroom 4 - Small ensuite bathroom to main studio room with shower, free standing basin and toilet. External door allows access to Bedroom 5 from deck.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Large decks wrapping around 3 sides of the home opening from the living and dining
• Spacious North, East and Western facing decks with beautiful views over the valley and to the sea beyond
• Cool gravelled area on south side of bedroom 3 in the main house – with small table and 2 chairs perfect for a cold drink in the heat of the day – access to it through French doors
• Additional spacious South facing deck beside Studio Apartment.
• Beautiful lawns and grounds
• 2 sets of outdoor tables and chairs
• Outdoor lounge area
• 3 sun umbrellas
• Small gas BBQ with fuel provided
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Main House
• Warm timber floors with open plan living, dining and kitchen opening via glass doors to the north facing deck
• Masport woodburner fireplace with wood available
• 30" flat screen TV - Chromecast
• 2nd Living area in bedroom 3
• Stereo sound system
• Books and magazines
• Good cellphone reception
• Unlimited high speed broadband internet Wifi
• Studio Apartment
• Dining table and chairs
• 30" flatscreen TV with Chromecast for streaming Netflix etc
• Heating - Main house:
• Masport Fireplace in the lounge of the main house – very good – firewood and kindling supplied.
• One Oil Heater in one bedroom, can be moved if required. The house is very warm generally as all day sun (when it is out) – faces due North. Plenty of bedding, throws, additional layers available in all rooms.
• Heating - Studio:
• Oil heater in each room
• Cooling - Main house:
• Two of the 3 bedrooms are pleasantly cool during the day in the summer – also plenty of doors and windows that can be opened to air.
• New louvres in bedrooms 1 & 2 and new large lounge stacking doors – all with fly screen to help keep mosquitoes at bay and to be able to adjust the temperature throughout the house.
• Cooling - Sleepout:
• South Facing – it’s a lovely cool space to get relief from overbearing sun – also some shady parts on the deck - but sun can still be found on that deck if wanted.
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:-
• Main house
• Full sized fridge/freezer
• Full size electric oven
• Gas hob
• Microwave oven
• Coffee percolator
• Good quality cookware, excellent quality dinner and glassware
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• Clothes airer
• Iron and ironing board
• Studio Apartment
• Small kitchenette
• Under bench fridge
• Electric hob
• Microwave oven
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Access to the house is via 10 steps – alternatively the ramp can be used – it is steep but wide and possible for wheelchair access. A further 8 steps up to the studio apartment
• Off street parking for up to 4 vehicles in driveway
It should be noted that there are 10 steps that lead from the drive to the main house decks and a further 8 steps lead to the Studio decks, another 4 steps lead to the exterior bedroom of the Studio. Pet or Child security - there are gates at the top of the ramp and stairs to the deck. The old gate can be propped up in a position to stop child/pet access to the back path and grounds. Past guests staying with dogs and young children have been happy with the security however we can't guarantee it is 100% secure for determined absconders.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|1 May - 30 November (excluding Labour Weekend)||$630|
|1 December - 23 December, Labour Weekend||$720|
|24 December - 12 January||$950|
|13 January - 9 February||$850|
|10 Feb - 31 April (weekend & pub hols, Easter)||$720|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (Sun - Thurs)||$650|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Plus exit cleaning $240 and linen, $20 per person.
Discounts & Special Deals
Free early check in or late check out! May - Nov, subject to availability. Please enquire.
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at the cost shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here)
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 Nights except for:-
3 Nights Public Holiday Weekends
4 Nights Easter
5 Nights 24 Dec - 14 Jan
3 Nights 20 - 23 December, 15 Jan - 31 Jan
Small dogs under 15kg may be permitted on request. Security Deposit will be required.
No smoking at this property please
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Allison (Stayed in April)
“We loved mainstay so much :) had the best whanau holiday - probably can't say how lovely and perfect mainstay is - you just need to go there and see for yourself really - as we will be again - waiheke holiday homes were so lovely to deal with - ani and team obviously just love families, people and making sure holidays go smoothly xx thanks heaps alli”
Review by Carol (Stayed in March)
“This property was great for our group of 9 with the extra rooms in unit at back. Plenty of space for us all with great facilities, loved the outdoor and garden areas. Linen supplied was good quality etc. Fell in love with swimming every day at Palm Beach.
One suggestion from one person with eyesight problems maybe a safety line be added to large windows/ranchslider, this might also help birds from flying into it. We certainly left the BBQ cleaner than what we found it but guys were OK about extra cleaning. Simply a great property and well loved by owner ”
Review by Greg (Stayed in November)
“Fantastic place for group of friends. Very interesting decor, en suites for nearly all bedrooms, nicely located. We also appreciated the flexibility around checking in/out times.
Reasonably priced and highly recommended *****”