Island Oasis Retreat #448
Te Whau Point - Ostend - Rocky Bay
from $195 to $295 per night
• Enjoy magnificent expansive seaviews from this lovely home
• New deck with spa pool - views over to Rangitoto!
• Private apartment attached to main house with separate entrance
• Close to Te Ara Hura Walking Trail - trampoline, tyre swing, Free WiFi
About This Property
Imagine yourself enjoying your own piece of Waiheke Island paradise in a tranquil setting of peace and seclusion. This lovely home is set on 5 glorious hectares (approx 10 acres) of beautiful regenerating New Zealand native bush. Sit back and relax with the sunset and native birds, glass of wine in hand, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance and those wonderful valley and seaviews.
This self contained apartment has 2 bedrooms and a bathroom with basic kitchen facilities. Both bedrooms are beautifully appointed and each have their own door out on to the deck. There is a divider here which provides privacy from the main house and outdoor furniture and sun loungers complete the scene. The spa is available for your private use only during your stay and the lovely grounds and mature gardens provide many places to explore.
When it's time to hit the beaches you will be spoilt for choice. A pleasant 15 minute walk will bring you to Omiha Bay (Rocky Bay) which is just lovely for a swim for 2 - 3 hours either side of the high tide. There's also a great children's playground in Rocky Bay. A little further afield is gorgeous Onetangi beach which is a short 5 minute drive away, and world famous Palm Beach is an easy 7 minute drive. The main village of Oneroa is only10 minutes by car and services like the supermarket, cafes, takeaways and the Waiheke Saturday Market are only 4 or 5 minutes drive at Ostend Village.The many world renowned and award winning Waiheke vineyards and restaurants are also nearby including Tantalus Estate, Wild on Waiheke and Stony Ridge Vineyard to name a few. This is a wonderful place to make great memories of your Waiheke Island holiday.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1: Super King bed (new) (can be split to 2 singles at additional $20 charge), bedside table, reading light, wardrobe, shelves, sofa, armchair, TV and desk
• Bedroom 2: Queen bed, bedside table, reading light, small dining table
• Bathroom 1:
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Spa pool
• Private deck opening from bedrooms with magnificent views over the valley and the bay below.
• Outdoor seating for 4
• Sun loungers
• Roll out sun blind
• Sun umbrella
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Lounge area within master bedroom, comfortable with sofas and lovely sea views opening on to deck
• MEAL PREPARATION:-
• Small fridge with ice compartment
• Microwave oven
• Electric Frying Pan
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Own private access via 15 concrete steps with rail or accessed via shared sloping path with 3 garden steps to own front door
• Off street parking for 1 vehicle.
The apartment is joined to the main house though has its own entrance and is totally private from the owners area at the opposite end of the building. The owners respect your privacy completely but are available to provide assistance if required.
You will have exclusive use of the spa pool during your stay.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|11 March - 30 Nov (2 guests) Excl Easter||$195|
|01 Dec - 22 Dec (2 guests)||$195|
|23 Dec - 15 Jan (2 guests)||$295|
|16 Jan - 09 Feb (2 guests); Easter||$250|
|10 Feb - 10 Mar (2 guests)||$210|
|Extra guests (per person, per night) max 2||$25|
Extras & Additional Costs
Linen and cleaning are included in the rate.
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at no additional cost. Includes one (1) bath towel per person.
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here).
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is included at no additional cost.
2 nights or
3 nights Easter
No smoking in the property or on the decks please
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Jennifer (Stayed in October)
Review by Kelly (Stayed in April)
“The property is lovely and my sister and I had a wonderful time staying there. We will be keen to stay again next time we visit Waiheke. All in all we were sad to leave. Can't wait to see how fabulous the property is when the sun is shining!”
Review by Noah (Stayed in March)
“We enjoyed our stay very much. Such a beautiful place. The view was the highlight :) definitly have to come back again.”