Island Oasis Retreat #448
Rocky Bay - Te Whau Point
from $235 to $315 per night
• Enjoy magnificent expansive seaviews from this lovely private apartment
• New deck with spa pool for your private use - views over to Rangitoto!
• Private apartment attached to main house with separate entrance
• Close to Te Ara Hura Walking Trail - trampoline, tyre swing, Free WiFi
About This Property
Imagine yourself enjoying your own piece of Waiheke Island paradise in a tranquil setting of peace and seclusion. This lovely home is set on 5 glorious hectares (approx 10 acres) of beautiful regenerating New Zealand native bush. Sit back and relax with the sunset and native birds, glass of wine in hand, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance and those wonderful valley and seaviews.
This lovely self contained apartment is set in a beautiful rural and native bush position with glorious views over the valley and the bay in front. The bedrooms are beautifully appointed and each has it's own door opening out on to the deck and those beautiful views! Completely private from the main house with a divider on the deck, the spa pool for your private use and the outdoor furniture and sun loungers complete the scene. The spa is available for your private use only during your stay and the lovely grounds and mature gardens provide many places to explore.
When it's time to hit the beaches you will be spoilt for choice. An easy 5 minute walk along the mostly level road has you at the bus stop and from here the Isand is yours! A pleasant 15 minute walk will bring you to Omiha Bay (Rocky Bay) which is just lovely for a swim for 2 - 3 hours either side of the high tide. There's also a great children's playground in Rocky Bay. A little further afield is gorgeous Onetangi beach which is a short 5 minute drive away, and world famous Palm Beach is an easy 7 minute drive. The main village of Oneroa is only10 minutes by car and services like the supermarket, cafes, takeaways and the Waiheke Saturday Market are only 4 or 5 minutes drive at Ostend Village.The many world renowned and award winning Waiheke vineyards and restaurants are also nearby including Rangihoua Estate, Tantalus Estate, Wild on Waiheke and Stony Ridge Vineyard to name a few. This is a wonderful place to make great memories of your Waiheke Island holiday.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1 / Living Area combined: Super King bed (new) (can be split to 2 singles for $20), bedside table, reading light, wardrobe, shelves, sofa, armchair, TV and desk
• Bedroom 2: Queen bed, bedside table, reading light, small dining table
• Bathroom 1: Shower, Vanity and Toilet. Please note bathtub is not available for use. But the spa pool is for your private use during your stay!
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Spa pool for your private use during your stay - glorious views by day and night... and the sunsets! Wow!
• Please note the spa is available until 10.30pm
• Private deck opening from bedrooms with magnificent views over the valley and the bay below.
• Outdoor table and seating for 4
• Sun loungers
• Roll out sun shade blind over deck
• Sun umbrella
• Huge lawns and gardens and plenty of native bush to explore
• Very close to the Te Ara Hura Walking Trail - lots of walk in the area
• Walking distance to Rangihoua Estate and the beach and playground at Rocky Bay
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Free WiFi broadband internet
• Lounge area shared with king bed area, with comfortable with sofas and lovely sea views and glass door opening on to deck
• Small dining table and chairs in bedroom 2
• Electric panel heaters in both rooms plus the hallway. Oil fin heater also available if requred.
• The apartment is well insulated and enjoys loads of sunshine so is very warm and cosy.
• MEAL PREPARATION:-
• Small fridge with ice compartment
• Microwave oven
• Electric Frying Pan
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Own private access via 15 concrete steps with rail or accessed via shared sloping path with 3 garden steps to own front door
• Off street parking for 1 vehicle.
• Access by public transport via taxi or bus. The bus stop is a 450 metre 5 minute walk along a mostly level road.
The apartment is joined to the main house though has its own entrance and is totally private from the owners area at the opposite end of the building. The owners respect your privacy completely but are available to provide assistance if required.
You will have exclusive use of the spa pool during your stay, please note this is only for use until 10.30pm.
Please be aware that this is a very peaceful residential area. We ask you to please keep music to a reasonable level at all times, and that this is moved indoors after 9.30pm.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|1 NIGHT STAYS - 10 Feb - 10 Nov (2 guests) Can be booked within 14 days of arrival only||$315|
|1 May - pre Labour Weekend (2 guests) THIRD NIGHT FREE (see below)||$235|
|Labour Weekend - 30 Nov (2 guests)||$255|
|1 Dec - 21 Dec (2 guests)||$275|
|22 Dec - 15 Jan (2 guests)||$315|
|16 Jan - 09 Feb (2 guests); Easter||$275|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (2 guests) excluding Easter||$245|
|Extra guests (per person, per night) max 2||$25|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Rate includes 1 couple.
Extra persons - $25 per person per night plus one-off linen fee of $30.
Split super king bed into singles in bedroom 1 - $20
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – pre-Labour Weekend (except Queens Birthday 4th night Free)
Or, discounts available off nightly rate 3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-10 Feb & public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at the cost shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here)
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is included at no additional cost.
1 night possible 10 Feb - 10 Nov and can be booked within 2 weeks of arrival. See rates for 1 night stay.
2 nights except for
3 nights Easter, Labour weekend & summer public holidays
3 nights 26 Dec - 5 Jan
No smoking in the property or on the decks please
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Leanne (Stayed in April)
“Great accommodation and friendly hosts .
Would stay again and I’d recommend .
Thank you . ”
Review by Adrian (Stayed in March)
“We loved our long weekend getaway, staying at the Island Oasis Retreat. The host was very friendly. The accomodation was great... and the Spa overlooking the bay below was an amazing experience for nights and early mornings. There is so much to do in and around Waiheke Island. We would definitely stay at the Island Oasis Retreat again!”
Review by Nesha (Stayed in February)
“We loved our stay it was incredible from the house it's self to the amazing view even the Tui's joining us on the deck for breakfast. Was all perfect for my partners surprise Birthday getaway. Thank you to the lovely host's we will be back and recommending this place to family and friends. ”