Island Oasis #438
Omiha - Te Whau Point
from $395 to $850 per night
• Enjoy magnificent expansive seaviews from this spacious & comfortable family home
• New deck with spa pool - views over to Rangitoto!
• Plenty of room for 2 families + large acreage
• Close to Te Ara Hura Walking Trail - trampoline, tyre swing, Free WiFi
About This Property
Imagine yourself enjoying your own peice of Waiheke Island paradise in a tranquil setting of peace and seclusion. Beautifully private, this lovely home is set on 5 glorious hectares (approx 10 acres) of beautiful regenerating New Zealand native bush - in fact you can enjoy beautiful views of a further 40 hectars of bush as well. Sit back and relax with the sunset and native birds, glass of wine in hand, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance and those wonderful valley and seaviews.
This lovely, spacious Waiheke Island Holiday Home sits along Te Whau Ridge and enjoys absolutely stunning, expansive views out over the valley to beautiful Putiki Bay and further out, views over Park Point with Rangitoto behind. The location is just perfect, allowing you to enjoy the privacy and tranquility of a secluded bush clad acreage while being only a few minutes easy drive to the centre of Waiheke and everything it has to offer holiday makers. For walkers, the location is superb being directly opposite the entry to the Kuakarau Bay Reserve and walking track as well as just a very short distance to join the Te Ara Huru - Walk Waiheke trail.
This beautiful property was sustainably built and has been designed with a central open plan living, dining and kitchen area linking 2 wings with bedrooms & bathrooms leading off from each side, making the home perfect for 2 families to share, or for extended families or those with teens wanting their own space.
The northwesterly facing decks and lawns make a fabulous, sundrenched space to relax and enjoy the sunshine and views. Relax with a book on the sun loungers or laze in the swing chair, and later enjoy a family BBQ while the sun sets before your eyes. The courtyard terrace, situated on the opposite side of the central kitchen and dining area, is a perfect space to breakfast in the morning sun, or enjoy a cool and shady oasis on a hot afternoon while listening to the water fountain playing in the pond. The trampoline is perfect for keeping the children happy and occupied and there's also plenty of 'tiger hunting territory' in the regenerating bush beyond the lawns, great fun for exciting imaginary adventures and games of hide and seek.
When it's time to hit the beaches you will be spoilt for choice. A pleasant 10 minute walk will bring you to Omiha Bay (Rocky Bay) which is just lovely for a swim for 2 - 3 hours either side of the high tide. There's also a great children's playground in Rocky Bay. A little further afield is gorgeous Onetangi beach which is a short 5 minute drive away, and world famous Palm Beach is an easy 7 minute drive. The main village of Oneroa is only10 minutes by car and services like the supermarket, cafes, takeaways and the Waiheke Saturday Market are only 4 or 5 minutes drive at Ostend Village.The many world renowned and award winning Waiheke vineyards and restaurants are also nearby including Tantalus Estate, Wild on Waiheke and Stony Ridge Vineyard to name a few. This is a wonderful place to make great memories of your Waiheke Island holiday.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1- Super King bed , bedside tables, reading lights, wardrobe, drawers. Mattress for child (on floor).
• Bathroom 1 - Shower (easy access), toilet, basin
• Bedroom 2 - Double bed , King single, bedside table, reading lights, drawers, hanging area for clothes
• Bedroom 3 - Super King bed (can be split to 2 singles for additional $20), bedside tables, reading lights, wardrobe, drawers.
• Tea & coffee making facilities, bar fridge
• Bathroom 2 - Shower, toilet, basin
• Bedroom 4- Queen bed, bedside table, reading lights and drawers, cupboard at entrance with hanging space for clothing.
• Guest bathroom - Toilet and basin
• Layout - Bedrooms 1 & 2 and Bathroom 1 are located at northast end of the house. Bedrooms 3 & 4 and Bathroom 2 are located at the southwest end of the house along the hallway and on the other side of the open plan kitchen, dining and living. Distant enough for privacy if required but close enough to be able to monitor children from either end.
• Bedrooms 1, 3 and 4 all open out on to the main deck with absolutely stunning sea views!
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Wide covered deck opening from dining and living areas with magnificent views over the valley and the bay below. (See notes below)
• Lower deck with above ground spa pool with stunning views (photos to follow)
• Sun loungers (x 4)
• Deck with balustrades and gate opening from Bedrooms 3 & 4. Perfect for tots on tiny bikes.
• 10 Acres of grounds with plenty of room for children to play and explore
• Courtyard opening off kitchen and dining area
• Fishpond in courtyard (sides are approx 40cm high)
• 3 Outdoor tables with chairs, bench seat
• Sun umbrella
• 2 Sun Loungers
• Swinging sun lounger - very popular!
• Gas BBQ
• Trampoline and tyre swing
• Located directly opposite Kuakarau Bay Forest Reserve and walking track to Kuakarau Bay.
• Very close to Te Ara Hura - Walk Waiheke trail.
• Fenced dog run with kennel (for up to medium sized dogs)
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open fire place in living room
• Panel heaters in bedrooms
• 42" Flatscreen TV with Freeview
• DVD player
• CD player with MP3 and radio
• Games including cards, monopoly etc
• Good cell phone reception
• Free unlimited broadband internet - free unlimited WiFi
• Full size fridge
• Full size freezer
• Second separate fridge and freezer
• Full size electric oven with gas stovetop
• Coffee plunger
• Good quality cookware, dinner and glassware
• Automatic washing machine
• Clothes line and clothes airer
• Iron and ironing board
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Access to house is via either a sloping path with 3 garden steps or via 15 concrete steps down to the house
• Off street parking for up to 4 vehicles on level concreted parking area
• Feedback from previous guests:-
• "We loved our stay on Waiheke – thank you. The house was great – very well equipped, and the spa pool was a real treat. We really enjoyed the walk through bush down to the beach and our dog had a lovely time exploring the bush on the property." - Hugh, Dec
There is a fishbond beside the terrace which opens from the kitchen dining area. The walls/sides of the fishpond are approx 40cm or so high. There is a built in bench seat approx 30 - 40 cm away from the pond. The main deck which opens from the living and dining area does not have a balustrade and is set 95cm above the lower deck below it. The lower deck also does not have balustrades however there is a hedge at the edge of the deck. The deck opeing from Bedrooms 3 & 4 has balustrades and gates at each end. Dog may be left on this deck as there's shade around to the side.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 Dec - 19 Dec||$395|
|20 Dec - 7 Jan||$850|
|8 Jan - 10 Feb||$495|
|Summer Public Holiday weekends, Easter||$550|
PLUS $30 per person per stay linen & cleaning (minimum $180)
Discounts & Special Deals
14 nights or more - 10% discount off nightly rate
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels will be provided.
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
2 nights Except for:-
7 Nights 20 December - 3 January
4 Nights 4 Jan - 31 Jan & Easter
Waitangi weekend, please see rates
No smoking inside the property please
A pet may be permitted on request
Maximum number of guests is up to 9 adults and 1 child.
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by: Danielle (Stayed in January)
“Brilliant stay, thank you! The property is exactly as described and we thorough enjoyed our time there. We’ll be back!”
Review by: Sarah (Stayed in January)
“We had a great stay. The house was really easy and had everything that you need. Having the separate freezer was really handy. Thanks for a great stay.”
Review by: Hugh (Stayed in December)
“We loved our stay on Waiheke – thank you. The house was great – very well equipped, and the spa pool was a real treat. We really enjoyed the walk through bush down to the beach and our dog had a lovely time exploring the bush on the property.”