Captain's Table #234
Eastern End - Orapiu, Onetangi 15 mins
from $190 to $370 per night
• Modern, spacious home with Glass Balustrades
• Wonderful seaviews and native bush views too
• Peace, tranquility & privacy!
• 500 metres wander to Otakawhe Beach
• 15-20 mins drive to Onetangi Beach, Waiheke Island.
About This Property
Far from the Madding Crowd! This lovely and spacious modern Waiheke Island home enjoys wonderful seaviews over Tamaki Strait towards North Island countryside and the glass balustrades on the deck ensure your grandstand views are uninterrupted! Nestling in native bush and overlooking beautiful native bush clad hills and the beautiful Tamkai Strait, this home enjoys loads of sunshine, privacy and tranquility making this property a sought after holiday home. Only 4 or 5 minutes walk to Otakawhe Bay to swim at the pebble beach or a leisurely 15 - 20 minute drive on sealed road (except the first 700 or 800 metres) to the pristine white sands of Onetangi Beach, Waheke Island, where you will also find cafes, general store and liquor store. Close by are 2 award winning wineries, Passage Rock and Man o' War Bay, both usually serving light lunches. When the cafe's call, it's not far to either Onetangi or to the hub of central Oneroa Village with its plentiful shops and cafes. The residence is split level with a Bedroom 4, bathroom 3 and a very spacious 'office' on the entry level. Up the stairs and you will find the friendly and warm open plan living, dining and kitchen opening via ranch sliders to 2 decks. A further short flight of stairs brings you to Bedrooms 2 and 3 and Bathroom 2, and just a few steps up again you will find the main bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a huge bathtub overlooking the sea. A great place to stay at Orapui, Waiheke Island.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1 - top level. King bed, electric blanket, bedside tables and bedside lighting, alarm clock, wardrobe, drawers. Wonderful views from bed. TV and DVD player, Chromecast
• Bathroom 1 - Ensuite to Bedroom 1. Spacious and modern with huge bathtub, shower, vanity and toilet within.
• Bedroom 2 - middle-top level. Queen bed, electric blanket, bedside tables and bedside lighting, drawers. Ranch sliders opening to side deck.
• Bedroom 3 - middle-top level. Queen bed, electric blanket, bedside tables and bedside lighting, drawers. Ranch sliders opening to side deck.
• Bathroom 2 - middle top level. Spacious and modern. Shower, vanity and toilet.
• Bathroom 3 - ground (entry) level. Shower, vanity and toilet.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Lots of decks opening from living, dining and bedrooms.
• Older timber and pvc outdoor chairs x 4
• Gas bbq
• Secluded rear courtyard area on middle-top level.
• 5 mins 500 metres walk to pebble swimming beach at Otakawhe Bay.
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan living, dining and kitchen on middle level of house.
• Front ranch sliders opening onto deck overlooking fabulous views of bush and sea. Side ranch sliders opening onto grounds.
• Good quality furnishings
• TV x 2
• Netflix, Spotify premium
• Home theatre system
• Electric and gas heating
• Enclosed fireplace (please supply own kindling and wood)
• Cellphone reception good
• Wifi - free WiFi
• Full kitchen
• Breakfast bar with bifold windows opening to deck and views
• 2 Full sized fridge/freezers
• Espresso coffee maker
• Coffee plunger
• Standard of dinnerware, glassware and cookware is very good
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• Iron and ironing board
• PARKING AND ACCESS:-
• Off street parking for 2 or 3 vehicles. Easy turning if only 1 vehicle.
• Access to parking via moderately steep concrete driveway up from the unsealed road.
• Access from parking into house is level. Stairs then lead up to living areas and 3 bedrooms.
• Feedback from previous Guests
• "Again a great stay at the Captain’s table. It really is the most comfortable bach. Everything we needed was provided. The local beach is an easy walk and we always find someone there to chat with. Thanks again for the high standards you keep." - Jane, Jan
• "We had a great time thankyou. It is the perfect holiday home. Stunning views, local beach and great vineyard close by. Very comfortable and well equipped." Jane, Jan
• "Property was good for our family. We enjoyed it . Everything was perfect.
• I will recommend! your services to friends. Excellent"!
• "It was a great stay, with the house appearing even better than in the pictures online, and was indeed nice and clean when we arrived. Great value, would stay again!"
• "We had a lovely time on Waiheke and Captains Table was delightful, spacious, amazing views and we arrived to find the heaters had been turned on for us to take the chill off the house. We loved this part of Waiheke as it was away from suburbia, peaceful with delightful birdsong. The house was clean, modern kitchen and bathrooms and had everything we could need and a lovely open plan living space to enjoy the great views."
• "We felt very welcome during our visit and the home was very inviting. It was just as described great views comfortable and secluded."
This property is in a lovely tranquil spot at the eastern end of Waiheke. The home is around 15 minutes drive to the nearest residential village area and north side white sand beach and is around 30 to 35 minutes drive to the passenger ferry. The supermarket is approximately 20 - 30 minutes drive.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 14 Oct||$190|
|15 Oct - 19 Dec||$220|
|20 Dec - 10 Jan||$370|
|11 Jan - 09 Feb, Easter||$280|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr||$240|
PLUS exit cleaning $100.
Linen can be provided if required at $15 per person per stay.
Discounts & Special Deals
Discounts available off nightly rate:
3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-16 Feb or public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels can be provided at cost shown below nightly rates. Please request at time of booking. Otherwise, guests will provide all own linen (i.e. top and bottom sheets, pillow slips, all towels and bath linen, teatowels). Pillows and Duvets or blankets will be provided at the property.
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
2 nights, except for:-
3 nights Labour, Anniversary & Waitangi Weekends
3 nights 11 - 31 Jan
4 nights 20 - 25 Dec, Easter
7 nights 26 Dec -10 Jan
No smoking inside property please
Small pets possible on application
Mature age and families only over New Year
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by: Megan (Stayed in March)
“We were very happy with our accommodation - easy access, clean accommodation with everything we needed. Lovely elevated aspect. Would certainly stay there again. Thanks for your help.”
Review by: Jon (Stayed in January)
“This was our second stay at the Captain’s Table and it was just as memorable the second time round. It is such a beautiful and peaceful setting - very relaxing. The house is clean, comfortable and well stocked with everything you need for a long stay. The views are breathtaking and the birdsong so very tranquil. We look forward to booking this property again.”
Review by: Nigel (Stayed in March)
“Everything you say in your add is true. As we were working at Waikopu Bay the men really enjoyed there being three excellent showers and toilets and of course the big fridge down stairs for the beer.We will definitely be staying at The Captains Table when we return for the next stage of the job. We were all quite at home.”