Barefoot by the Beach #271
from $195 to $525 per night
• Charming cottage sooo close to Palm Beach Waiheke
• Newly Renovated Kitchen and Bathroom - Dec 2014
• 2 min meander to the beach or shop
• Beautifully decorated & presented
• Enclosed fire - SKY TV - FREE WIFI
About This Property
This charming and delicious Waiheke Island cottage has been recently fully redecorated and furnished in modern, stylish way. Just an easy meander down to the beach, literally around the corner, brings you to the gorgeous white sands and safe swimming of Palm Beach. So easy to wander along to the beach for a quick dip before breakfast or a sunset stroll. Palm Beach has a fabulous children's playground on the sea front, an excellent spot to keep the smaller members entertained! The cottage was originally built in the 1940's and, though fully redecorated, those interesting and charming touches of the era remain to enhance the ambiance. The accommodation is set on 2 levels, with the main living level including 2 bedrooms, kitchen, dining, living, deck and a toilet, Downstairs you will find the 3rd & 4th bedrooms and a newly renovated bathroom. The gardens are set below the cottage and are very pretty and sheltered, with lots of mature trees. A great place to stay for a wonderful beach holiday!
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOM -
• Upper Level:
• Bedroom One: Queen Bed, Bedside Tables, Reading Lights, Wardrobe with Drawers
• Bedroom Two: Queen Bed
• Lower Level:
• Bedroom Three: Two Single Beds (can be converted to Super King bed if required at cost of $20), Bedside Table
• Bedroom Four: Two Single Beds
• Portacot / baby cot / babies cot available - guests to bring own linen and bedding please
• Bathroom: Renovated Dec 2014 - Shower, Vanity, Toilet
• Second Toilet on Main/upper level at end of rear deck. Access via rear covered deck/verandah, is high off the ground and is accessible only from the living room french doors.
• OUTDOOR LIVING -
• Covered south-west facing deck opening off living room and overlooking the beautiful grounds.
• Small covered porch at front (north) of cottage.
• New timber deck opening via french doors from bedroom 1 and from front porch area.
• Spacious garden at rear - really lovely, sheltered and lots of mature trees and fruit trees.
• Dining arbour under the wisteria vine in the rear garden
• Good quality timber and cane outdoor furniture
• Sun Umbrella
• Gas BBQ with fuel plus coal/wood BBQ with chimney.
• Childrens play house in the garden
• Golf clubs
• Beach just a very easy and quick 200 metre walk away - so close it could be almost beachfront
• INDOOR LIVING -
• Living and kitchen/dining connected by beautiful 'deco' french doors
• Living opens to covered verandah along rear of cottage overlooking grounds
• Furnishings all new and of good quality
• LCD Flat Screen 32" TV
• SKY TV with Sports
• WiFi, Free Wifi, Wireless Internet
• Stereo sound system with CD and radio
• Enclosed fire (wood burning) in living room vented to all bedrooms (HRV) - wood provided Fireplace
• Cellphone reception good 021, ok 027.
• Board Games such as Scrabble, Monopoly and other games. Playing cards
• Books and magazines
• Stairgate available on request
• Designer Kitchen
• Electric Oven
• Electric Stove
• Full sized fridge/freezer
• Good standard of Cookware, Dinnerware and Glassware
• Automatic washing machine
• Clothes airer and external clothes line
• Iron and Ironing board
• PARKING AND ACCESS:-
• Off street parking for one vehicle only. On street parking is not recommended as the road is narrow.
• Access to the house is via 6 steps down from parking bay which is at road level.
• Feedback from Previous Guests
• "We had a fantastic time - it was fabulous and handy and our kids loved showering outside!! Also the sense of being almost surrounded by nature was lovely and relaxing - a lovely quiet oasis from our busy city lives - gorgeous!" - Mell, Dec
• "We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on Waiheke! The house was great and everything as it was advertised! The kitchen was well laid out and stocked with utensils and the house had everything we needed... including off street parking which was a bonus! Thank you very much.?" - Lou & Simon, Nov
• "We have just had the most amazing holiday at Plum Cottage. It is without doubt the best Bach we have ever rented and we have rented a few in both NZ and Australia. There was plenty of room for our family of 5, the bed linen and towels were new and plush and we all enjoyed the block out blinds. The kitchen was very well appointed and location to the beach was also outstanding. Overall, a brilliant holiday."
• "We had a great time at plum cottage. great spot and so close to lovely palm beach."
• "We had a wonderful time at Plum Cottage. I took my 5 & 7 year old boys for a short and inexpensive holiday and the cottage was perfect. The property was very clean and tidy and within a minute to Palm Beach, fantastic corner store & bus stop had everything we needed. Would definitely stay here again"
• "We enjoyed our stay on Waiheke and we loved our accommodation! The accommodation was clean and tidy and well appointed – we certainly loved being able to put a fire on for our winter escape."
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 31 Oct (six guests)||$195|
|01 Nov - 19 Dec, Labour W'end (six guests)||$225|
|20 Dec - 12 Jan (eight guests)||$525|
|13 Jan - 9 Feb, Easter (six guests)||$325|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (Weekends, Public Hols) (six guest||$325|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (Sun - Thrs) (six guests)||$295|
|Extra Adults / night||$30|
|Extra Child (2 - 13 years) / night||$15|
Rate includes 6 guests. Extra adults $30 per person per night.
Plus exit cleaning $140 per booking.
Linen available at $20 per guest.
1 Night bookings 01 May - 31 Oct only. May be booked no more than 2 weeks ahead. Surcharge $80
3rd night FREE (see conditions below)
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 31 Oct (except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free).
MIDWEEK RATES OR discounts available off nightly rate:
3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-16 Feb or public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels can be provided at cost shown below nightly rates. Please request at time of booking. Otherwise, guests will provide all own linen (i.e. top and bottom sheets, pillow slips, all towels and bath linen, teatowels). Pillows and Duvets or blankets will be provided at the property.
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
2 Night minimum except for:-
1 Night 01 May - 31 Oct only. May be booked up to 1 week ahead. Surcharge $80.
3 Nights Labour & Waitangi Weekends
4 Nights Easter, 16 - 25 Dec & 17 - 31 Jan
7 Nights 26 Dec - 16 Jan
No smoking inside please
Sorry, pets not permitted
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by: Lou & Simon (Stayed in November)
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on Waiheke! The house was great and everything as it was advertised! The kitchen was well laid out and stocked with utensils and the house had everything we needed... including off street parking which was a bonus! Thank you very much.”
Review by: Alex (Stayed in October)
“We had another wonderful holiday at the house. It’s such a beautiful setting and encourages the kids to have many outdoor adventures.
The house was lovely and clean.”
Review by: Ainsley (Stayed in October)
“We had a great weekend at Barefoot by the Beach. The key was easy to access and the house was comfortable and really clean. We thought the kitchen was really well equipped and loved having both the indoor and outdoor fireplace (we needed it..it was a chilly weekend)! It was also nice to only be a short walk away from the beach and the playground.”