Bach 52 On The Bay #121
Palm Beach Area - Ostend
from $215 to $390 per night
• Waterfront with boat mooring - swim just below the house!
• Private, large north-facing decks and all day sun
• Just 5 mins drive to Oneroa Village & 3 mins Palm Beach
• Free Wifi - Air Conditioning - Fireplace
About This Property
This stunning, sunny and spacious split level holiday retreat provides a great place to stay on Waiheke ,It enjoys 180 degree sea views, is nestled amongst mature native trees, in a tranquil waterfront position overlooking Anzac Bay, Waiheke Island. A private bush track, leading from the house, takes you to a little-known, safe all-tide swimming beach.
The location feels remote, yet is so central to everything the island has to offer. It’s a surprisingly short stroll to the shops and cafes of Ostend village, where you’ll find the famous weekend markets. From here you could go on to the white sands of Palm Beach - just 2-3 minutes by car. A 5-6 minute drive will have you at Oneroa village and beach, or in the other direction at Onetangi for more great beachfront cafes. Ostend is the hub of the island’s bus service and you’ll find a stop to take you almost anywhere, just at the end of the road.
This house oozes style and character. The open plan living is very spacious and the grandstand views over the bay below are just magical. The house has undergone complete renovation in recent years, including a new custom-built Smeg kitchen and new bathroom and toilet. The lounge has 2 sets of sofas, providing 2 separate living spaces. Huge windows are everywhere to take advantage of the spectacular bush and bay's edge views - you feel as though you're hanging over the water! Bi-folding and French doors seamlessly connect living spaces with decks which enjoy all day sun. The bedroom, also with dramatic bush and sea views, is spacious and fresh – the enormous Pohutukawa picture window makes you feel as though you’re in a tree house! This delicious and charming couples retreat is a very popular holiday spot! The perfect Waiheke accommodation..
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Upper Level -
• Bedroom - Queen bed with pocket spring mattress. Block-out roller blinds. Bedside tables and bedside lamps, dressing table, chest of drawers. Clothes hanging rack. French doors open onto north-facing deck (Please note that small children would need supervision around the open staircase leading to the bedroom from the living and open railings of the deck leading off the bedroom).
• Bathroom - shower, vanity and heated towel rail. Separate toilet, located next to the bathroom
• Additional sleeping - Two pull out sofabeds in the living area.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Deck overhanging the bay captures all day sun with glass balustrades to enhance your view
• Grounds covered in beautiful native bush and the sea views are framed by two massive Pohutukawa trees dramatically floodlit by night
• Gas BBQ
• Woodfire BBQ on deck (with fuel available)
• Outdoor wooden table setting with seating for 6
• Sun Umbrella
• Director chairs, bean bags and sun loungers.
• Private track from the deck leading to safe all-tide swimming beach.
• Boat Mooring - see details below
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan kitchen and dining on middle level with 4 steps down to open plan living and open staircase leading up one floor to bedroom.
• Furnishings are an eclectic blend of antique, retro and new. Cane sofa and bay window squabs and cushions are new.
• 32" smart LCD TV
• Cell phone reception ok
• Enclosed fire - pot belly stove
• Heatpump - Air conditioning
• Free Wifi high speed broadband internet
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:- Middle Level
• Custom-built Smeg kitchen
• Full electric oven
• 4-burner gas hob
• Full-sized fridge/freezer
• Cookware, dinnerware and glassware of good modern standard
• Washing machine – front-loading Bosch
• Clothes airer
• Iron and ironing board
• ACCESS & PARKING:-
• Off street parking for 2 cars. Driveway is loose metal, unless you have a 4WD street parking may be better. The house is at the end of a cul-de-sac with ample on-street parking for a boat.
• Boat mooring at the bottom of the garden, suitable for vessel up to 6 meters in length/ 0.33m draft (OWS068). Persons using the mooring take full responsibility in every way.
Small children would need close supervision around bedroom balcony & open staircase leading from living area to bedroom (see photos).
Less abled persons please note the internal staircase and multi level design.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|5 Jan 20 - 29 Feb 20, Easter, ANZAC and Labour wknds 18-Dec-20 to 25-Dec-20(2 guests)||$280|
|1 Mar 20 - 2 May 20, Queens (excl. Easter/ANZAC) (2 guests)||$245|
|3 May 20 - 26 Sep 20 (Excl. Queens) (2 guests)||$215|
|27 Sep 20 to 17 Dec 20 (excluding Labour weekend) (2 guests)||$245|
|18 Dec 20 to 2 Jan 2021 (2 guests)||$390|
|03 Jan 21 to 06 Mar 21 (2 guests)||$280|
|Additional guests (max 2) per person/per night||$30|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Plus linen exit cleaning - $120
Linen for the sofa bed - $17.50 per person (max 2)
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person.
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here).
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 nights except for -
3 nights Queens Birthday & Labour Weekend
8 nights 18 Dec 19 - 2 Jan 21
4 nights 3 Jan 21 - 6 Mar 21, Easter
Pets may be permitted on application ($10 per pet per night charge applies)
No smoking inside property please
Boat mooring - See details
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Sheryl (Stayed in January)
“We loved the batch . Wonderful to take our Airedale Terrier with.
The Batch is bright , fresh and sunny with a spectacular view. It has a special ambience.
Close to amenities, yet quiet and serene.
Hein & Sheryl
Review by Tracy (Stayed in December)
“This was our beautiful home away from home for 10 days over Xmas. The views are amazing from wherever you are in the house. Sit on the deck and watch tui, kereru and piwakawaka flying all around you.
Lots of little tracks nearby to go walking. A dairy at the bottom of the street and supermarket only 15 minutes walk away.
The kitchen was well stocked with all the pots, pans and utensils you need for cooking.
Some previous reviews said the outdoor furniture was not up to scratch but everything we saw was clean and tidy so I think they’ve done some upkeep.
A perfect place to retreat if you are after some relaxation. We never wanted to leave!”
Review by Sally (Stayed in November)
“An amazing spot, with wonderful views and a lovely big deck. So secluded and peaceful, yet just a short walk to Ostend. Beautifully fitted out, with really comfy furniture and bed. Everything you could want - we'd love to return!!”