Bach 52 On The Bay #121
Palm Beach Area - Ostend
from $225 to $399 per night
• Waterfront with boat mooring - swim just below the house!
• Private, large north-facing decks and all day sun
• Just 5 mins drive to Oneroa Village & 3 mins Palm Beach
• Free Wifi - Air Conditioning
About This Property
This stunning, sunny and spacious split level holiday retreat provides a great place to stay on Waiheke ,It enjoys 180 degree sea views, is nestled amongst mature native trees, in a tranquil waterfront position overlooking Anzac Bay, Waiheke Island. A private bush track, leading from the house, takes you to a little-known, safe all-tide swimming beach.
The location feels remote, yet is so central to everything the island has to offer. It’s a surprisingly short stroll to the shops and cafes of Ostend village, where you’ll find the famous weekend markets. From here you could go on to the white sands of Palm Beach - just 2-3 minutes by car. A 5-6 minute drive will have you at Oneroa village and beach, or in the other direction at Onetangi for more great beachfront cafes. Ostend is the hub of the island’s bus service and you’ll find a stop to take you almost anywhere, just at the end of the road.
This house oozes style and character. The open plan living is very spacious and the grandstand views over the bay below are just magical. The house has undergone complete renovation in recent years, including a new custom-built Smeg kitchen and new bathroom and toilet. The lounge has 2 sets of sofas, providing 2 separate living spaces. Huge windows are everywhere to take advantage of the spectacular bush and bay's edge views - you feel as though you're hanging over the water! Bi-folding and French doors seamlessly connect living spaces with decks which enjoy all day sun. The bedroom, also with dramatic bush and sea views, is spacious and fresh – the enormous Pohutukawa picture window makes you feel as though you’re in a tree house! This delicious and charming couples retreat is a very popular holiday spot! The perfect Waiheke accommodation..
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Upper Level -
• Bedroom - Queen bed with pocket spring mattress. Block-out roller blinds. Bedside tables and bedside lamps, dressing table, chest of drawers. Clothes hanging rack. French doors open onto north-facing deck (Please note that small children would need supervision around the open staircase leading to the bedroom from the living and open railings of the deck leading off the bedroom).
• Bathroom - shower, vanity and heated towel rail. Separate toilet, located next to the bathroom
• Additional sleeping - Pull out sofa bed in the living area.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Deck overhanging the bay captures all day sun with glass balustrades to enhance your view
• Grounds covered in beautiful native bush and the sea views are framed by two massive Pohutukawa trees dramatically floodlit by night
• Gas BBQ
• Woodfire BBQ on deck (with fuel available)
• Outdoor wooden table setting with seating for 6
• Sun Umbrella
• Director chairs, bean bags and sun loungers.
• Private track from the deck leading to safe all-tide swimming beach.
• Boat Mooring - see details below
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan kitchen and dining on middle level with 4 steps down to open plan living and open staircase leading up one floor to bedroom.
• Furnishings are an eclectic blend of antique, retro and new. Cane sofa and bay window squabs and cushions are new.
• 32" smart LCD TV
• Fireplace (new Sep 2020)
• Cell phone reception ok
• Heatpump - Air conditioning
• Free Wifi high speed broadband internet
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:- Middle Level
• Custom-built Smeg kitchen
• Full electric oven
• 4-burner gas hob
• Full-sized fridge/freezer
• Cookware, dinnerware and glassware of good modern standard
• Washing machine – front-loading Bosch
• Clothes airer
• Iron and ironing board
• ACCESS & PARKING:-
• Off street parking for 2 cars. Driveway is loose metal, unless you have a 4WD street parking may be better. The house is at the end of a cul-de-sac with ample on-street parking for a boat.
• Boat mooring at the bottom of the garden, suitable for vessel up to 6 meters in length/ 0.33m draft (OWS068). Persons using the mooring take full responsibility in every way.
Small children would need close supervision around bedroom balcony & open staircase leading from living area to bedroom (see photos).
Less abled persons please note the internal staircase and multi level design.
We're sorry, this home does not offer earlier check-in or later check-out.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|07-Mar-21 to 01-May-21, 2 nights min, excl. Easter/ANZAC||$255|
|01-Apr-21 to 05-Apr-21 Easter, 4 nights min||$290|
|23-Apr-21 to 26-Apr-21 ANZAC, 3 nights min||$290|
|02-May-21 to 25-Sep-21 except Queens, 2 nights min||$225|
|04-Jun-21 to 07-Jun-21 Queens, 3 nights min||$255|
|26-Sep-21 to 16-Dec-21 except Labour, 2 nights min||$255|
|22-Oct-21 to 25-Oct-21 Labour, 3 nights min||$290|
|17-Dec-21 to 25-Dec-21, 9 nights min||$399|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Rates shown inclusive for 2 guests. Additional guests $30 per person per night (max 4 total)
Plus linen exit cleaning - $120
Linen for the sofa bed - $17.50 per person (max 2)
Pets $10 per night
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at the cost shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here)
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
See rates above.
No smoking inside property please
Small, non-shedding dogs possible on request, please enquire
Boat mooring - See details
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Sheryl (Stayed in January)
“Fantastic views and nicely presented home. Was lovely to have our dog Sassy stay with us. Would stay again for sure.”
Review by KAREN (Stayed in June)
“Gorgeous bach with fabulous views! Spotlessly clean and nice furnishings. Had plenty of kitchen utensils and crockery. We took our lab with us which was a real bonus and much appreciated. Outdoor furniture is very nice with plenty of seating. The only thing we missed was a proper vacuum cleaner (there is a small handheld vac). Great location. Thanks for sharing.”
Review by Sheryl (Stayed in January)
“We loved the batch . Wonderful to take our Airedale Terrier with.
The Batch is bright , fresh and sunny with a spectacular view. It has a special ambience.
Close to amenities, yet quiet and serene.
Hein & Sheryl