Bach 52 On The Bay #121
Palm Beach Area - Ostend
from $215 to $390 per night
• Waterfront with boat mooring - swim just below the house!
• Private, large north-facing decks and all day sun
• Just 5 mins drive to Oneroa Village & 3 mins Palm Beach
• Free Wifi - Air Conditioning - Fireplace
About This Property
This stunning, sunny and spacious split level holiday retreat provides a great place to stay on Waiheke ,It enjoys 180 degree sea views, is nestled amongst mature native trees, in a tranquil waterfront position overlooking Anzac Bay, Waiheke Island. A private bush track, leading from the house, takes you to a little-known, safe all-tide swimming beach.
The location feels remote, yet is so central to everything the island has to offer. It’s a surprisingly short stroll to the shops and cafes of Ostend village, where you’ll find the famous weekend markets. From here you could go on to the white sands of Palm Beach - just 2-3 minutes by car. A 5-6 minute drive will have you at Oneroa village and beach, or in the other direction at Onetangi for more great beachfront cafes. Ostend is the hub of the island’s bus service and you’ll find a stop to take you almost anywhere, just at the end of the road.
This house oozes style and character. The open plan living is very spacious and the grandstand views over the bay below are just magical. The house has undergone complete renovation in recent years, including a new custom-built Smeg kitchen and new bathroom and toilet. The lounge has 2 sets of sofas, providing 2 separate living spaces. Huge windows are everywhere to take advantage of the spectacular bush and bay's edge views - you feel as though you're hanging over the water! Bi-folding and French doors seamlessly connect living spaces with decks which enjoy all day sun. The bedroom, also with dramatic bush and sea views, is spacious and fresh – the enormous Pohutukawa picture window makes you feel as though you’re in a tree house! This delicious and charming couples retreat is a very popular holiday spot! The perfect Waiheke accommodation..
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Upper Level -
• Bedroom - Queen bed with pocket spring mattress. Block-out roller blinds. Bedside tables and bedside lamps, dressing table, chest of drawers. Clothes hanging rack. French doors open onto north-facing deck (Please note that small children would need supervision around the open staircase leading to the bedroom from the living and open railings of the deck leading off the bedroom).
• Bathroom - shower, vanity and heated towel rail. Separate toilet, located next to the bathroom
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Deck overhanging the bay captures all day sun with glass balustrades to enhance your view
• Grounds covered in beautiful native bush and the sea views are framed by two massive Pohutukawa trees dramatically floodlit by night
• Gas BBQ
• Woodfire BBQ on deck (with fuel available)
• Outdoor wooden table setting with seating for 6
• Sun Umbrella
• Director chairs, bean bags and sun loungers.
• Private track from the deck leading to safe all-tide swimming beach.
• Boat Mooring - see details below
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan kitchen and dining on middle level with 4 steps down to open plan living and open staircase leading up one floor to bedroom.
• Furnishings are an eclectic blend of antique, retro and new. Cane sofa and bay window squabs and cushions are new.
• 32" smart LCD TV
• Cell phone reception ok
• Enclosed fire - pot belly stove
• Heatpump - Air conditioning
• Free Wifi high speed broadband internet
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:- Middle Level
• Custom-built Smeg kitchen
• Full electric oven
• 4-burner gas hob
• Full-sized fridge/freezer
• Cookware, dinnerware and glassware of good modern standard
• Washing machine – front-loading Bosch
• Clothes airer
• Iron and ironing board
• ACCESS & PARKING:-
• Off street parking for 2 cars. Driveway is loose metal, unless you have a 4WD street parking may be better. The house is at the end of a cul-de-sac with ample on-street parking for a boat.
• Boat mooring at the bottom of the garden, suitable for vessel up to 6 meters in length/ 0.33m draft (OWS068). Persons using the mooring take full responsibility in every way.
Small children would need close supervision around bedroom balcony & open staircase leading from living area to bedroom (see photos).
Less abled persons please note the internal staircase and multi level design.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|3 Mar 19 - 4 May19 (excl. Easter/Anzac)||$245|
|Easter and Anzac 2019||$280|
|5 May 19 - 28 Sep 19 (excl. Queens)||$215|
|29 Sep 19 - 19 Dec 19 (excl.Labour weekend)||$245|
|20 Dec 19 - 4 Jan 20||$390|
|5 Jan 20 - 29 Feb 20||$280|
Extras & Additional Costs
Plus linen and exit cleaning - $120
Pets (if applic.) $10 per night
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person.
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here).
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 nights except for -
3 nights Queens Birthday & Labour Weekend
8 nights 20 Dec 19 - 4 Jan 20
4 nights 5 Jan 20 - 29 Feb 20
Pets may be permitted on application ($10/night charge applies)
No smoking inside property please
Boat mooring - See details
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Joelle (Stayed in February)
“We very much enjoyed our stay on beautiful Waiheke Island and in Bach 52. The inside of the house was clean, the bed is confortable and there is everything you need in the kitchen.
The outside was untidy and the property is definitely in need of some repair and maintenance. The windows really need to be cleaned.The outside furniture is not in very good shape.
The house is in an amazing location with a beautiful view over the water bay. It is a very quiet area and very well situated on the island.
Beautiful Island ! ””
Review by David (Stayed in February)
“Once again we enjoyed our stay and found the bach inside clean and comfortable. The outside was untidy and sadly the property is in need of some repair and maintenance.
Review by Philip (Stayed in January)
“We spent a very happy 2 weeks here in an amazing location with totally stunning views over the water bay. its quiet and the property is in good condition although perhaps in need of a little attention just to bring it up to top standard. Specifically the terrace furniture has seen better days. The only other points that we would mention are take note that the entrance is steep and the drive needs some attention for a car to successfully get on and off. The bedroom (in summer) is also very hot so we bought a fan locally that was a true blessing at night. Overall the property is well worth visiting, lights up beautifully at night, very clean and we would recommend it to all along with the local vineyards and beautiful bays. Enjoy this beautiful Island! ”