Bach 52 On The Bay #121
Palm Beach Area - Ostend
from $195 to $355 per night
• Waterfront with boat mooring - swim just below the house!
• Private, large north-facing decks and all day sun
• Just 5 mins drive to Oneroa Village & 3 mins Palm Beach
• Free Wifi - Air Conditioning - Fireplace
About This Property
This stunning, sunny and spacious split level holiday retreat provides a great place to stay on Waiheke ,It enjoys 180 degree sea views, is nestled amongst mature native trees, in a tranquil waterfront position overlooking Anzac Bay, Waiheke Island. A private bush track, leading from the house, takes you to a little-known, safe all-tide swimming beach. The location feels remote, yet is so central to everything the island has to offer. It’s a surprisingly short stroll to the shops and cafes of Ostend village, where you’ll find the famous weekend markets. From here you could go on to the white sands of Palm Beach - just 2-3 minutes by car. A 5-6 minute drive will have you at Oneroa village and beach, or in the other direction at Onetangi for more great beachfront cafes. Ostend is the hub of the island’s bus service and you’ll find a stop to take you almost anywhere, just at the end of the road. This house oozes style and character. The open plan living is very spacious and the grandstand views over the bay below are just magical. The house has undergone complete renovation in recent years, including a new custom-built Smeg kitchen and new bathroom and toilet. The lounge has 2 sets of sofas, providing 2 separate living spaces. Huge windows are everywhere to take advantage of the spectacular bush and bay's edge views - you feel as though you're hanging over the water! Bi-folding and French doors seamlessly connect living spaces with decks which enjoy all day sun. The bedroom, also with dramatic bush and sea views, is spacious and fresh – the enormous Pohutukawa picture window makes you feel as though you’re in a tree house! This delicious and charming couples retreat is a very popular holiday spot! The perfect Waiheke accommodation..
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Upper Level -
• Bedroom - Queen bed with pocket spring mattress. Block-out roller blinds. Bedside tables and bedside lamps, dressing table, chest of drawers. Clothes hanging rack. French doors open onto north-facing deck (Please note that small children would need supervision around the open staircase leading to the bedroom from the living and open railings of the deck leading off the bedroom).
• Bathroom - shower, vanity and heated towel rail. Separate toilet, located next to the bathroom
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Deck overhanging the bay captures all day sun with glass balustrades to enhance your view
• Grounds covered in beautiful native bush and the sea views are framed by two massive Pohutukawa trees dramatically floodlit by night
• Gas BBQ
• Woodfire BBQ on deck (with fuel available)
• Outdoor wooden table setting with seating for 6
• Sun Umbrella
• Director chairs, bean bags and sun loungers.
• Private track from the deck leading to safe all-tide swimming beach.
• Boat Mooring - see details below
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan kitchen and dining on middle level with 4 steps down to open plan living and open staircase leading up one floor to bedroom.
• Furnishings are an eclectic blend of antique, retro and new. Cane sofa and bay window squabs and cushions are new.
• 32" smart LCD TV
• Cell phone reception ok
• Enclosed fire - pot belly stove
• Heatpump - Air conditioning
• Free Wifi high speed broadband internet
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:- Middle Level
• Custom-built Smeg kitchen
• Full electric oven
• 4-burner gas hob
• Full-sized fridge/freezer
• Cookware, dinnerware and glassware of good modern standard
• Washing machine – front-loading Bosch
• Clothes airer
• Iron and ironing board
• ACCESS & PARKING:-
• Off street parking for 2 cars. Driveway is loose metal, unless you have a 4WD street parking may be better. The house is at the end of a cul-de-sac with ample on-street parking for a boat.
• Boat mooring at the bottom of the garden, suitable for vessel up to 6 meters in length/ 0.33m draft (OWS068). Persons using the mooring take full responsibility in every way.
• Feedback from previous Guests
• "A lovely place for the summer and fine weather. The last morning the sun shone and we were able to have breakfast outside with the sun on our back and that was just awesome. Showed us how beautiful Bach 52 could be." - Ruth
• "We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on Waiheke and the house was gorgeous. Everything was very clean and tidy. Love it! We’ll be back." - Sally
• "We loved the holiday home thank you. Absolutely idyllic location and gorgeous wee cottage - perfect for a couple's retreat!" - Steven
• "We really enjoyed the house, it was everything we could have wanted - it was clean and well presented." - Kevin
Small children would need close supervision around bedroom balcony & open staircase leading from living area to bedroom (see photos). Less abled persons please note the internal staircase and multi level design.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01-May-18 to 30-Sep-18 except Queens, 2 nights min||$195|
|01-Jun-18 to 04-Jun-18 Queens, 3 nights min||$225|
|01-Oct-18 to 20-Dec-18 except Labour, 2 nights min||$225|
|19-Oct-18 to 22-Oct-18 Labour, 3 nights min||$255|
|21-Dec-18 to 05-Jan-19, 3 nights min||$355|
|06-Jan-19 to 02-Mar-19, 4 nights min||$255|
|03-Mar-19 to 24-Apr-19 except Easter, 2 nights min||$225|
|18-Apr-19 to 22-Apr-19 Easter, 4 nights min||$255|
Plus linen and exit cleaning - $120
Pets (if applic.) $10 per night
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels can be provided at cost shown below nightly rates. Please request at time of booking. Otherwise, guests will provide all own linen (i.e. top and bottom sheets, pillow slips, all towels and bath linen, teatowels). Pillows and Duvets or blankets will be provided at the property.
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
Please see rates
Small children and less abled please see notes
Pets may be permitted on application ($10/night charge applies)
No smoking inside property please
Charges for additional guests applies to all guests including babies and children
Boat mooring - See details
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by: Deirdre (Stayed in November)
“We had a very enjoyable stay. Perfect location, great walking, but times shown for drive to palm beach and oneroa are a little ambitious! There are so many lovely walking tracks on the island, all with little surprise views and special character. Love the little path outside the gate to the left which connects with the bottom road and old Ostend wharf. There are so many wonderful photography and painting opportunities here. The view out the windows is unreal, as is the antics of the tuis. Relaxed so much, I lost my cell phone! Should you find it , just let the Bach people know. And our dogs loved being able to stay with us. Thank you so much. Definitely would stay again.”
Review by: David (Stayed in January)
“Well I guess you want general feedback as there did not seem to be one of those boring, formal forms attached! Suffice to say the representation of the property on your website is very accurate and in fact one of the few we could say that about. We found the property clean, well equipped and perfect for our stay. The weather was perfect too although I'm not sure you arranged that! We would like to return and may well do so.”
Review by: Rod (Stayed in December)
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Bach 52, it was everything it was said to be and more. We would still like to consider coming back again”