At Water's Edge #100
Oneroa Area - Matiatia Estate
from $716 to $1366 per night
• Stunningly simple designer home with Private Beach
• Magnificent seaviews from every room
• Magical 5 acres of privacy 4 mins Oneroa Village,
• Huge covered decks & very large courtyard
• Hot Springs Spa pool to relax & unwind
• SKY TV, Free WiFi, Dishwasher
About This Property
This magnificent Waiheke property is a designer 'Bach-Kit' home, specially designed for holiday living and to best enjoy the absolutely spectacular surrounding seaviews! Located in the beautiful Matiatia Estate, Waiheke Island the property is in a secure 'locked gate' environment. Direct access to 2 'almost private' beaches via a walking track to the front of the property - can be a little 'tricky' with small children, but not impossible. Or drive the short drive to the gorgeous white sands of Oneroa Beach in about 4 minutes. The interior of the bach is beautifully furnished and guests can relax on the 'Simon James' sofa and enjoy the superb views in comfort, or laze about in the sunshine on the deck or lawn. Meals can be enjoyed on the undercover deck, sheltered and yet open to those wonderful seaviews. Watch the ferries come and go and the yachts sail by. In the evening, delight in the glorious sunsets and the lights of Sky Tower and Auckland City. The property looks straight out to Motutapu, Rangitoto and Motuihe Islands and to the north, to Rakino Island. The open plan living, kitchen, dining and the outdoor undercover living are are located in the centre of the building. Bedrooms 1 and 3 and Bathroom 1 are along the hallway from the living room. Bedroom 2 with ensuite is located on the other side of the outdoor undercover area. When the walls and windows are 'hidden away' in the walls, these all end up as one huge area. Beautiful! Simplicity, luxury, stunning seaviews! Perfect Waiheke Accommodation Please note that children should be supervised at all times. To ensure their safety, care should be taken that they don't venture too near the cliff's edge by the sea, which is a reasonable distance from the house.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1 - King bed, wardrobe, bedside tables and lighting. Magnificent views!!!
• Bedroom 2 - Queen bed , wardrobe, bedside tables and lighting. Magnificent views!!! Located on other side of covered outdoor area beside living room.
• Bedroom 3 - King bed. Located beside Bedroom 1.
• Bathroom 1 -Located beside Bedrooms 1 and 3. Shower, vanity, toilet.
• Bathroom 2 - ensuite to Bedroom 2. Shower, vanity, toilet.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Excellent 'flow through' undercover outdoor living area set between the main living 'pod' and the 2nd bedroom 'pod' and all under the main roof of the house. Designed for keeping cool in summer but with huge glass 'hideaway' doors on one side allow it to be closed off on cooler days.
• Additional decks for sunbathing and taking in the magical seaview
• Huge additional deck with modern louvre roof which can be opened to allow in the sunshine or closed to keep cool and dry.
• Huge paved courtyard
• Hot Springs Spa pool
• Sun loungers x 5 for relaxing and enjoying the beautiful seaviews all around you
• Outdoor tables and chairs
• Room to play petanque and croquet
• Direct Beach access to private beach - walk across the lawns and down a fairly steep track to the beach.
• Gas BBQ
• Outdoor patio heater
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan living, dining and kitchen
• Huge 'hideaway' windows in all rooms except bathrooms which slide into the walls and out of sight.
• Furnishings of a high standard - Simon James couches
• Smart TV, DVD, Bose Stereo
• SKY TV - Netfilx, sky tv with sky movies & sky sport
• Free WiFi - Internet broadband
• Cellphones 021 and 027 have reasonable reception
• Board Games, Books
• Wall heaters in every room
• Full kitchen. Excellent standard of cookware, dinnerware, glassware etc.
• Full sized fridge/freezer
• Coffee plunger
• Electric heating - Skope heater in every room, thermostatically controlled.
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• Iron and Ironing Board
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Off street parking for 3 or 4 vehicles in drive-through driveway. Room for boat parking in driveway
• Access to house from parking down sloping concrete pathway & some steps down to house.
• Feedback from Previous Guests
• "What a lovely place we had such an amazing time at waters edge thank you and we will be back" - Jacqui - Mar
• "We absolutely loved the property. In terms of the location and views it exceeded our expectations. It was everything you described on your website and more. We loved how private it was and the fact it was just a short walk to the most beautiful private bay - stunning!
• The house itself was simple but very functional and we loved the layout and design. I would highly recommend this property to anyone and we will definitely be back again!
• Thanks also to the team at Waiheke Holiday Homes, you have been fantastic to deal with and made the whole process seamless. We will certainly use you again in future." - EG, March
• "We loved our stay. This timeless and extraordinary house sits on a truly spectacular site. Everything was fabulous - the house design itself with a stylish and functional ‘breezeway’ through the middle, gently sloping lawn beckoning you down to a pebbled beach, wider-than-wide views of an exquisite harbour and islands, twinkling city lights in the distance, and ferries gliding silently in and out of the neighbouring bay. We give this 4-day holiday 10 out of 10. " Sally - February
• "Great stay – superb accommodation & highly recommended . My guests came from South Island, Sydney & Auckland but even the locals were blown away by the view .Accommodation does reflect your website description accurately. Am keen to book another time." - Mike, Oct
• "We had an absolutely wonderful time. The house and the setting are just so perfect. We had everything that we needed in the house and all of the directions and instructions for the key and opening all the doors were easy to follow. Thank you very much"
• ""We had a wonderful time. That view has to be one of the world’s best. It has always been my dream to stay in a BachKit home …. I have admired them since their beginnings. It has weathered the years well and was just perfect for our extended family. All the necessities on hand and appreciated. Clean and tidy. Easy living. Please send our thanks onto the owners. We felt so lucky to be able to be there. Wonderful memories".
• "We had an absolutely amazing weekend in Waiheke, and a lot of that was because of where we stayed! At Water's Edge was absolutely stunning - the nicest place we've ever stayed. It totally lived up to the way it was advertised - it is private, with stunning views, so that you feel like you're outside, even while you're inside the house. It was very tidy, warm and well presented. We would love to rent the property again in the future. An absolutely magical weekend!" - Sheri
• "The property was lovely and clean for our arrival and we had everything we needed for our stay. We enjoyed it very much, and would recommend to others to stay and we will definitely be back." - Carolyn
• "I thought it was absolutely stunning, we were so lucky with the weather and the view was just jaw-dropping. The house was clean and tidy." - Stephanie
• "We LOVED the Bach!!! It was exactly what we wanted and we would absolutely book it again in addition to recommending to others. The 2 sunny days were outstanding with that view and ability to just relax. And even the 2 rainy days were made enjoyable by being able to watch the storm come over and then be comfy inside playing scrabble! The spa was awesome for my son and I was super impressed with the easy fold back spa cover as these can sometimes be tricky. Everything was wonderful thanks" - Natasha
• "We had a wonderful time. That view has to be one of the world’s best. It has always been my dream to stay in a BachKit home …. I have admired them since their beginnings. It has weathered the years well and was just perfect for our extended family. All the necessities on hand and appreciated. Clean and tidy. Easy living. Please send our thanks onto the owners. We felt so lucky to be able to be there. Wonderful memories"" -Maureen
• CHILD SAFETY - Children should be closely supervised at all times. Care should be taken to ensure children don't venture too near the cliffs by the sea, which are a reasonable distance from the house. • PLEASE NOTE - This property is to used solely for accommodation purposes as per the agreement. Any other activities including but not limited to the likes of commercial filming, advertising, photography, weddings, meetings or functions are not permitted without the express written permission of the owners
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 30 Aug (incl 4)||$716|
|01 Sep - 19 Dec (incl 4)||$816|
|20 Dec - 31 Jan||$1366|
|01 Feb - 30 Apr (incl 4)||$916|
|Extra person per night (max 2 extras)||$25|
|Early check in (subject to availability)||$50|
|Late check out (subject to availability)||$50|
|Rates include $71 per night APTR surcharge||$0|
PLUS Linen and cleaning $35/person (minimum $150)
Rate includes up to 4 guests. Additional guests $25 each per night.
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 31 Oct(except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free - Easter 5th night free).
Conditions - 1 free night per total stay
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels will be provided.
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
2 Night min except for:-
3 Nights pub hol w/ends & Waitangi
7 Nights 20 Dec - 6 January
4 Nights Easter
Sorry pets not permitted
No smoking inside property, please.
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by: Robert and Sandra (Stayed in October)
“Yes - we had a lovely time at Waiheke Island ! House was perfect and although the weather was disappointing - we made good use of the time and visited wineries and toured the island. A peaceful slice of heaven - the house was lovely and well located. Views were spectacular and thank you for all your assistance with our stay.”
Review by: Jacqui (Stayed in March)
“What a lovely place we had such an amazing time at waters edge thank you and we will be back.”
Review by: Emma (Stayed in February)
“We absolutely loved the property. In terms of the location and views it exceeded our expectations. It was everything you described on your website and more. We loved how private it was and the fact it was just a short walk to the most beautiful private bay - stunning! The house itself was simple but very functional and we loved the layout and design. I would highly recommend this property to anyone and we will definitely be back again! Thanks also to the team at Waiheke Holiday Homes, you have been fantastic to deal with and made the whole process seamless. We will certainly use you again in future.”