Anakiwa Beachfront! #350
Onetangi - Beachfront
from $225 to $575 per night
• Absolute Beachfront Onetangi!
• Magnificent Uninterrupted Views!
• Stylish & Charming Cottage in perfect location
• Large sunny deck with beach & sea views
About This Property
This gorgeous iconic cottage has been a landmark on Onetangi Beach and has provided great accommodation on Waiheke Island for many years. Renovated in the 21st century and stylishly furnished, Anakiwa enjoys a prime location in the heart of The Strand literally just steps across the road from the beautiful white sands and crystal clear water of Onetangi Beach. Throw your towel over your shoulder and wander over for a swim before breakfast or enjoy a romantic sunset wander along the beach. Magical views of the sea and the beach are to be had from the spacious deck and also from the beautifully furnished open plan living, dining and kitchen.
French doors open wide for fabulous indoor/outdoor flow onto the large, sunny north-facing deck - perfect for relaxing in the sun with a book or enjoying a chilled glass of wine while watching the world meander by. Just a very very short walk along The Strand you will find cafes and restaurants to tempt you after a day of enjoying the sand, sea and sunshine. Anakiwa is also close to award winning Waiheke Wineries, the Waiheke Golf Course and the historical village. This gorgeous cottage is the perfect spot for a romantic weekend away, a couples getaway or a relaxing family holiday. A great place to stay in Waiheke. You can even see your older children playing on the beach from the cottage.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1: Queen Bed, Electric Blanket, Bedside Tables, Reading Lights, Hanging rack
• Bedroom 2: Two Single Beds, Electric Blankets,Bedside Tables, Reading Light
• Other Sleeping: High Quality Double Sofa Bed
• Portacot baby cot, babies cot (provide own blankets and linen please)
• Bathroom: Shower, Vanity.. Toilet is separate but accessed through bathroom.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Large sunny deck with northern views over Onetangi Beach and the Hauraki Gulf.
• Large wooden outdoor table with 6 chairs
• Gas BBQ
• Beach is literally just across the road.
• Childrens playground a very short walk away in Fourth Avenue.
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Good quality, comfortable furnishings.
• Flat screen TV
• Freeview TV
• DVD player
• iPod dock/player
• Heatpump / Air conditioning
• High Chair
• KITCHEN & LAUNDRY:-
• Full Kitchen
• Full sized oven and stove
• Full sized fridge-freezer
• Coffee plunger
• Standard of dinnerware and glassware is very good (new 2012)
• Standard of cookware is very good
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Parking available in roadside parking area beside Anakiwa's boatshed. If busy, there is also private parking for one vehicle on the grass in front of Anakiwa's boatshed.
• Access is via 3 steps up from ground level onto deck. One step up from deck into cottage.
Please note that Anakiwa is not fenced and is located close to The Strand. Please see photos of deck which shows proximity to the road. Small children and pets would need close supervision.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 31 Oct (except Labour weekend) - includes 4 guests||$225|
|01 Nov - 15 Dec, Labour Weekend - includes 4 guests||$250|
|16 Dec - 17 Dec - includes 4 guests||$350|
|18 Dec - 10 January - includes 4 guests||$575|
|11 Jan - 09 Feb - includes 4 guests||$395|
|10 Feb - 31 Apr (midweek) - includes 4 guests||$295|
|10 Feb - 31 Apr (weekends), Easter - includes 4 guests||$395|
|Each Additional guest per night (Maximum 2 extra guests)||$30|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Plus Exit Cleaning & Linen per booking $35 per person (minimum charge $140)
1 night stay may be booked WITHIN 3 DAYS OF ARRIVAL DATE. Surcharge $80
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 15 Dec (except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free).
MIdweek discounts, please see midweek rates.
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person.
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here).
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Portacot provided but guests must supply own linen, blankets & towels.
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 Nights except for:-
1 night may be booked if available WITHIN 3 DAYS OF ARRIVAL DATE. Surcharge $80.
3 Nights Labour & Waitangi Weekends
4 Nights Easter
7 Nights 26 Dec - 16 Jan
5 Nights 17 Jan - 31 Jan
No Smoking inside the property please
Small well behaved pets possible on application
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by David (Stayed in March)
“Anakiwa is a wonderful base for a break on Waiheke. The accommodation had everything that we needed for our stay. The beds were comfortable, and the kitchen had all the necessities. Being directly across the road from the lovely Onetangi beach was a real bonus. We didn't have a car but instead made use of the regular bus service from the nearby bus stop. The booking process and the arrangements for getting the key to the property were straightforward. We would have no hesitation in recommending this property to any friends considering a holiday on Waiheke”
Review by Nick (Stayed in January)
“A great place to stay. So close to the beach! House was nice and tidy and beds comfortable. Kitchen has everything needed (although some cupboards need hinges fixed). Great to have aircon for the hot afternoons.”
“Thanks so much for your feedback and we’re pleased you enjoyed your stay. The kitchen cupboard doors are being repaired as we speak. The property owners always appreciate feedback and rectify any problems quickly. Thanks again for taking the time to review this home and we hope you will visit again. Cheers”
Review by Lesley (Stayed in January)
“Great location and beautiful scenery definitely would go back. Maybe some more cooking utensils for baking - basic items like measuring cups and spoons. Also spare bedding - like blankets for cooler evenings. And finally, the cupboards in the kitchen need repairing - they have come of their hinges which is annoying. ”
“We really appreciate your feedback, as do the owners. So pleased to hear you had a great time at Anakiwak! The kitchen cabinet doors are currently being repaired (20 Feb 20) and we’re sorry they caused a problem for you. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you’ll come again soon. Cheers”