from $130 to $250 per night
• Breathtaking, grandstand views over Palm Beach & out to Rakino Island
• Delicious kiwi cottage - Private track to beach
• French doors to sunny deck with extensive views
• Let the sound of the waves lull you to sleep!
About This Property
Ballywhiskin is a particularly delightful holiday cottage in a unique grandstand position overlooking Palm Beach, Waiheke Island. The extensive views of the beach, the bay and on to Rakino Island are simply magical!! Originally built in the 1940's, the cottage has a recently renovated bathroom and kitchen and beautiful warm polished rimu floors throughout and is a very close walk to the Palm Beach Store and bus stop. Enjoy a glass of wine with friends on the large sunny deck overlooking the beach and bay or relax with a good book while keeping and eye on the comings and goings of the boats in the bay below. The property has it's own private bush path down to the beach, or there is an alternative council boardwalk close by. This property has Charm with a capital 'C'! Perfect Waiheke accommodation.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1 - the L shaped living room has a double bed tucked at one end with wrap around windows to make the most of the wonderful views over the beach and the bay. Bedside locker and lamp. Bed has an electric blanket.
• Bedroom 2 - the bedroom has 2 single beds, wardrobe and drawers, bedside tables and lighting.
• Bathroom - has one access door from the bedroom (with twin beds), plus another door from undercover (but not enclosed) entry porch just outside the kitchen door. Shower, vanity and toilet within bathroom. New 2004.
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• L shaped Deck on north western side of house overlooking the length of Palm Beach and bay plus views to Rakino Island. Railings are not suitable for small children. See photos.
• Sheltered east facing courtyard ideal for alfresco breakfasts
• Large sloping lawn with BBQ table
• Private pathway through bush to the beach
• 3 sets of outdoor furniture
• Sun umbrella
• Gas BBQ
• Deck chair
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Open plan living, dining and main bed - very attractive with wonderful views, polished rimu floors
• French doors opening from living to deck
• Furnishings are of very good standard
• Radio, CD Player
• Scrabble, Cards, Trivial Pursuit, Boggle, books, magazines
• Cellphone reception ok
• Electric heating
• Full kitchen
• Fridge/freezer (medium sized)
• Dishdrawer dishwasher
• Coffee plunger
• Cookware, dinnerware and glassware of good to excellent standard
• Automatic washing machine and external clothes
• No ironing facilities
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Gravel parking bay at edge of road
• No path from parking area to home, accessed down a grassy slope which may be difficult for elderly or disabled, particularly in wet.
• IMPORTANT NOTE:-
• NOTES: Deck railings not suitable for children under 5 years- see photographs. Deck approx 3 metres above ground.
• LINEN NOT AVAILABLE: 22 May - 7 July 2017 - Guest will need to provide their own during this time.
• Comments From Previous Guests
• "We absolutely loved our stay in Ballywhiskin – really clean, everything there, amazing view, lovely little cottage and a good walk down to Palm Beach. We did stay there 3 years ago so we knew what to expect and we were again very happy with the place and will definitely want to book it again in the future. The website is an accurate representation and we would recommend it highly." Jill, Dec
• "We enjoyed our stay at Ballywhiskin. We loved the view and always managed a quick visit to the beach before our day began."
• "We both loved the lovely little cottage we rented,well furnished and comfortable with nice views of the beach."
• "Everything was 100% with the house very clean everything we needed. We had a wonderful time. Thank you will book it again."
• "The holiday home was clean and tidy and had a great view"
• "We had a great time, loved the bach, couldn't have been better, everything we needed, would definitely be keen to use again" - Ann
• "The house was fantastic -very clean and well looked after! I would certainly hire the house again, very happy" - Halena
• Keywords: Free night deals, free nights, special deals, specials, 3rd night free deals, third night free, hot deals
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|30 Apr - 19 October||$130|
|20 Oct - 23 Dec||$180|
|24 Dec - 19 Jan||$250|
|20 Jan - 9 Feb, Easter||$200|
|10 February - 30 April||$180|
PLUS exit cleaning $60
Linen available at $25 per person (not available from 22/5 - 07/07 2017 sorry)
3rd night FREE (see conditions below)
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 31 Oct (except Public Holiday weekends 4th night Free).
OR Discounts available off nightly rate:
3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-16 Feb or public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
Linen: Linen and bath towels can be provided at cost shown below nightly rates. Please request at time of booking. Otherwise, guests will provide all own linen (i.e. top and bottom sheets, pillow slips, all towels and bath linen, teatowels). Pillows and Duvets or blankets will be provided at the property.
Linen not available 22 May - 7 July 2017
Exit Cleaning: Standard exit cleaning service is provided automatically and the cost is shown below the nightly rates.
2 Night minimum except for:-
3 Nights Public Holiday weekends
4 Nights Easter
7 Nights 24 Dec - 31 Jan
Sorry, pets not permitted
Sorry, children under 5 years not permitted due to safety.
No smoking inside property, please.
Parking bay on roadside at front of property for 1 vehicle
View Ballywhiskin  in a larger map